“Nearly everything was closed”

Pybus Public Market
Ranked #4 of 33 things to do in Wenatchee
More attraction details
Owner description: Pybus Public Market is a destination where people gather to experience quality food, goods and services from local businesses. We host over 20 year round tenants in our building plus the Wenatchee Valley Farmers Market and a variety of local artisans.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Read that it was open until 9 pm but all the stores were closed when we got there around 8 on a Friday night. There was a live band that was decent, and a few restaurants were open with a handful of people eating. A few people were scattered here and there listening to the band. From the description I read, I imagined a bustling little market with lots to see, but was disappointed. We walked from one end to the other in about 2 minutes, stopped and listened to the band for a few minutes, then left. There just wasn't anything happening, and we thought that being a Friday night, there would be more people and more to see. It's probably busier during the day.

2  Thank Lucia S
"fresh meat"
"wine tasting"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 17 June 2018

There is one produce market here, an olive oil shop and a rather extensive meat market. There are a few artisans selling their wares and coffe and wine shops. The 3 or 4 restaurants all have decks. Wish it had a few more local artisans..

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Yes.... Omg! This place is very cool. Lots of interesting vendors. And the food places are off the charts! My favorite is the Columbia cafe so far. Friendly. And the baked goods.... omg omg. I would go EVERY day if I lived closer. The chocolate caramel tart was rich. The crust flaky and buttery...no lard in this. True ingredients that you can taste. The coconut cream tart was spot on. The cream on top was not too sweet which allowed all the other flavors to come through. A true baker makes these goodies. The staff is really friendly and welcoming. I know I'm going back... today. The coffee was ok. I think the baked goods are the stars of this show.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

I only gave it a 3 star rating but in reality its like 3.5-4. Went on a Sunday in early afternoon. Was diggin on the location and the building. Overall, most of the businesses were closing or in the process of shutting down for the day. Which I thought was odd because I had checked the Pybus market hours online and it didn't close for hours. So not sure but that was truly a let down. I love the atmosphere. Not enough retail here though. Too many food places. It needs to even out a bit more. Some "dead" zones located within. Maybe its different in the summer but not a whole lotta business- maybe its the lack of follow through on the business hours??? I'm sure in the summer this place is happeneing. Had pizza at the pizza joint and it was very good. Staff there was awesome. Cute. Love it, but they need to have all the businesses stay open congruent hours (9-5) at least. Its almost a large turn off, driving all that way and 1/2 of the businesses are closed (or closing). Going to check back once more during a farmers' market to see if its better. I love this idea, just needs expansion (more retail).

Steve R, General Manager at Pybus Public Market, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Hi SillySchmoo,

Thank you for your feedback. You raise a good point and Pybus can do a better job of clarifying on our web site that each merchant sets their own hours. Wineries don't need to open in the morning and breakfast/lunch venues don't need to stay open later in the evening ..... but we can do a better job explaining such to out of town visitors, which we shall do. Thank you for the feedback.

Sincerely, Steve Robinson, executive director, Pybus Market