“Lovely, reasonably priced guest cottage on Vashon...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Barnali03
San Francisco, California
“Lovely, reasonably priced guest cottage on Vashon Island”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

We stayed at Madrona Meadows for two nights this past weekend and loved it! The guest cottage is beautiful, clean, well-furnished, quite comfortable, and reasonably priced.

The owners, Sue and Scott, were friendly, respectful of our privacy, and very flexible and accommodating with regard to our arrival and departure times.

When we arrived, we found a welcome basket with fresh fruit, muffins, bread, and chocolate! The fridge was also stocked with eggs, yogurt, and milk. It was lovely to be able to wake up in the morning and make breakfast in the kitchen without having to go to the grocery store first!

The property itself is very scenic. We enjoyed visiting with the horse, and also loved the large vegetable garden! Sue and Scott gave us full access to the garden, and our second morning there, we picked shallots and kale from the garden to add to our scrambled eggs!

We were fortunate to find this spot for our stay on Vashon Island (we were there for a wedding), and were so pleased!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
AWalkinth...
North Vancouver, Canada
“The perfect getaway for people and pets!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Madrona Meadows Bed and Barn. As soon as we arrived we were greeted warmly by Sue, Scott and their lovely dog Sebastian.
The guest cottage is close to the main house but still felt private. Scott and Sue are wonderful hosts who obviously enjoy people, but they also respected our desire for some quiet "alone time".
We arrived to a lovely basket filled with fresh produce, chocolates, baked goods and even treats for our dogs. The fridge and cupboards were stocked with all sorts of other goodies. All a wonderful, unexpected surprise!
Sue and Scott encouraged us to help ourselves to the the vegetables and fruit from their incredible garden and Scott even picked some beets for us and left them outside our door.
We had three dogs with us and they could not have been made to feel more welcome. It can be difficult to find a place that allows pets. At Madrona Meadows they don't even charge extra if you bring your pet (just ask first).
The horses, the meadow, the peace and quiet; all of these things combined with the beauty of Vashon Island and the thoughtfulness of our hosts, left us relaxed and rejuvenated.
Highly recommend!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The welcoming atmosphere.
Liked least: Leaving.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
Julia M
Woodinville, Washington
“Wonderful family week away”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014

I had an educational conference on the island for a week and decided to bring my family. I found the listing for this place online and it sounded reasonably priced and they allowed us to bring both our dogs. First off, the photos on their website don't do justice to what nice accommodations they are. We were pleasantly surprised to find the cottage much bigger than expected and as comfortable as our own home. The owners have a big, friendly Doberman who greeted our two dogs at the car and I swear must've said "Hey guys, I'll show you around," because next thing you know they were running around the property like best friends. The owners were very nice and friendly and gave us lots of privacy, but they were so nice I wouldn't have minded seeing them more. They provided a fruit basket upon arrival and some coffee from the local roasters and goat milk because I can't drink cow milk. My husband and daughter spent most of the week lounging around the cottage because it was unusually cold temperatures that week, but they were very comfortable and happy there and every night after my classes I was happy to get home to the comfy cottage and the exceptionally comfortable bed. We'll definitely be back - next time for a relaxing visit in which case I'll probably raise my review to 5 stars because I'll get to spend more time there than I did this last time.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
OR
Reviewed 23 December 2013 for a stay in November 2013
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing