All reviews tacoma dome underground parking attending an event car museum waffles place to stay parking lot free breakfast light rail clean hotel close to downtown convenient location easy access bed was comfortable glass museum concert amtrak
Reviewed 16 October 2018

This hotel was a mixture of good and bad. On the plus side, breakfast was very good and the hotel was the quietest I have been at in a long time despite seeming to be relatively full. Also, the location was good in being right on I-5 and also close to the museums in Tacoma. Negatives were very poor wifi service in our room, an elevator was not working, no freezer compartment in the mini-fridge (and no ice in the ice machine on our floor), extremely low flow in the shower, and hot water came out of the cold water faucet. Also, there was a nice view of Tacoma from our room on an upper floor but very dirty windows.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 16 October 2018

I had a work conference at the Tacoma Convention Center last week, but was a bit late in booking my accommodations, so I missed out on the adjacent conference designated hotel. This was a good deal, though. Easily accessible to the convention center via train and right off of I-5. There is also free parking on site. The best part of my stay was probably the breakfast - made to order omelettes were very good. I would stay here again. To be honest, it was nice to be a bit removed from the conference attendees and it really wasn't that far away.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2018

They double billed me. They have refused to give me back my money. It was a long process just to get my son a room. Then someone that works for them really messed things up after getting pictures of my credit card and drivers license.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Laurie C
Lisa B, Manager at Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Laurie - Please contact the Operations Manager here at the hotel so that we may correct any billing errors. Thank you

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here on a family visit to Tacoma. We love the location, close to downtown, lots of great shops and cafes. The staff was very friendly, the hotel pleasant and clean, enjoyed the cookies in the lobby and free breakfast too. Definitely a good value.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2018

When I checked in, I waited my turn, the clerk started to take my information when another person walked up and wanted his key card re-done, saying he had problems. So the clerk, left me to help him... it's a small thing that made a big impression that I didn't matter. My van rides too high so I had to park behind the building in a dark, un-monitored lot... two big piles of broken window glass told me that two vehicles had been broken into the night before (confirmed by one of the cleaning ladies) Waiting for the elevator, wondering why it's taking so long only to discover that one isn't in service. Get to my room, grabbed the ice bucket and discovered the ice machine on my floor was out of order. Asked the cleaning lady where I could get ice and she said that two of the three ice machines were broken... finally got my ice. Room was ok... lots of noise in the hall & doors slamming thru the night. Breakfast was foam eggs, dry potato blocks, turkey sausage & bacon, biscuits and gravy.... there was an omelette station, but there wasn't anyone to make one...until 10 minutes after I made a plate the other items. when the gal showed up and asked "can I make you an omelette"? I responded "a little too late now..." Overall... a letdown. The only highlight was to go out to my vehicle and find the windows intact.

Room tip: Rooms at a different hotel will be a better choice.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Sharpinvestments

Thank you for sharing your experience at the hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Your comments have been shared with our management team so that we may make improvements to our customer service. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.