Lowest prices for your stay
US$186
Free cancellation until 21/09/30
Reserve now, pay at stay
Courtyard
US$184
Free cancellation until 21/09/26
US$184
Free cancellation until 21/09/30
PricelineUS$184
Hotels.comUS$184
CheapTicketsUS$184
All reviews convention center within walking distance nice hotel courtyard marriott convenient location would definitely stay here again quiet room pool and hot tub checking in valet campus mt rainier
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 September 2020

It was easy to travel to Gig Harbor and Seattle from this hotel. The room was spacious. The amenities at the hotel are not available due to the pandemic. A Starbucks, Zeeks pizza and a few other restaurants are near by for take out. Comfortable beds, clean accommodations

Date of stay: September 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2020

I've been a Gold Marriott member for years and travel constantly mostly business, and I've never met such an uncaring attitude towards a guest's stay - so it's my recommendation to not stay here. Find another hotel in this area as there are plenty. Even another Marriott, as the brand is pretty solid in my view. I think this hotel is damaging to their brand. If you are a senior hotel manager for Marriott, I would take a serious look at the management of this hotel because it is NOT good for Marriott.

Donna, the manager, refused to adjust the rate on my room after the air conditioning failed, causing a gradual temperature increase, no air circulation and eventual headaches for both me and my wife. Waking up with a hot room, getting up a few times to tap on the thermostat, thinking maybe it would self correct as sometimes they do. My wife ended up physically ill from this evening - as the air became stagnate and warm.

Because we didn't call in the problem until later in the morning, the manager refused to make any adjustments and was completely apathetic.

Don't waste your money on a hotel run by this level of "hospitality", as I feel like a sucker for paying 4-star rates for a 3-star hotel with 1-star service.

Oh, and no hair dryers in the room either. This was a first for me having stayed in 30-40 hotels this year during Covid - just another attempt at being cheap, even though rates are not any lower.

While I'm at it - the rooms are average to below average for this price-point - due for a remodel. Pillows are below average in comfort, beds are about average but feel like the springs are not in good shape (again, due for remodel, replacement). We tried to get a cold beverage from the vending machine in the hallway - it was damaged and not functional.

Just feels like this hotel is squeezing all it can out of what life is left, and they've left the "bean counter" management team on board that is preserving short term cash flow at the expense their guests satisfaction. It would be better for them to just shut down the hotel rather than damage this brand.

Date of stay: August 2020
Danielle Cavoto, General Manager at Courtyard Tacoma Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2020

Dear indoctrin8ed,

I appreciate you taking the time to leave detailed feedback from your recent stay with us. I want to extend my sincerest apologies for your experience. In these difficult times, it is still our top priority to deliver an exceptional experience for our guests with the highest level of service and it appears that we have fallen short of our goal in this case.
I would like an opportunity to discuss the details of your stay further and make this right.
At your convenience, please reach out to me at Danielle.cavoto@marriott.com or my direct line 253.284.3570.

Reviewed 30 July 2020 via mobile

It’s simple. At check-in, I asked the front desk guy for a room that is their quietest. But when I get to me room, I actually get a room facing a two-level Interstate freeway and an east and west railroad track. It’s about as loud as it can be in this room. No sleeping tonight!

I called the front desk and they don’t even apologize. No we are sorry. Nada. And all the guy has is other rooms next to this one which are just as noisy.

If you’re going to just flat out ignore and disregard my request for a quiet room, just say so. I’ll go stay somewhere else.

I guess being a titanium level Marriott Bonvoy elite means I am worthless to Marriott it. I sure feel that way. I think it high time to start staying at another chain’s hotels because Marriott’s customer service and room quality and totally gone down hill.

All the amenities in this hotel were closed, so with this location’s higher room prices, the noise level, the utterly unattentative customer service, the construction across the street, I must rate this a poor experience and recommend you stay elsewhere.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank MacBrazel1970
Reviewed 23 April 2020 via mobile

Didn’t know what to expect returning to T-town for a funeral (we lived there for years), but this Marriott was a great experience. Rooms were clean with comfortable beds. Staff was uniformly pleasant and helpful over our three night stay. Many hours after we checked out our daughter realized she had left a very sentimental (and tiny) stuffed animal. Donica helped us with that and Clarence really went above and beyond to make sure it was found. I stay at Delta and Marriott on business and when we travel we typically stay at the Ritz or Four Seasons so the family has pretty high expectations. We’d stay here at Courtyard Marriott Downtown Tacoma again in a heartbeat.

Date of stay: April 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2020

Our stay was not one for vacation or fun. We needed to be close by the hospital for visiting purposes. We did not get a chance to use many of the amenities but the hotel itself I thought was really nice and the room very large and clean.

While I was initially put off my the lack of parking lot, there is valet and also a garage across the street. I am sure it is safe, but I felt safer just paying a few extra dollars for valet services. Even though the in-room hotel services page noted that valet was $17, it was actually $21. I think the parking garage was $16 so the $5 was worth it. Live a little.

Even though our room faced the street and the parking garage, it was very quiet at night.

I would definitely stay here again if ever the need to visit Tacoma arises but hopefully just not for a hospital visit next time.

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank ScottRoby
DanielleC4249, General Manager at Courtyard Tacoma Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2020

Dear Phoenixroby,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and leave a kind review! We appreciate your comments. I will have my team look into the in-room directory to make sure the parking pricing has been updated.

Cheers,