All reviews convention center pacific grill valet parking glass museum bistro staff children's museum self park within walking distance nice hotel directly across the street courtyard by marriott valet service conference room the entire staff oatmeal few blocks location is excellent
Reviewed 25 September 2018

This hotel is directly across the street from the Tacoma Convention Center. We stayed there for 6 days on vacation. The room (king size bed, etc.) was excellent. It was very clean and well layed out. The Bistro was great for a good breakfast. We had "eggs your way" every morning. It was always cooked well. We did not have dinner there as we were always out in the evenings. Everyone working at the hotel was very pleasant and helpful. We would definitely stay there in the future.

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank ra4gto
Danielle C, General Manager at Courtyard Tacoma Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Dear ra4gto,

We truly appreciate you chosing to stay with us here in Tacoma! I'm glad you had the opportunity to explore the our night life and relax.

See you again soon!

Cheers,
Danielle C

Reviewed 24 September 2018

The staff is great. The room is well appointed and good sized(microwave, fridge, great tv, etc). Colors and furnishing is nice. I want to love this room, But-the downside is the musty smell in the bathroom-made my allergies go crazy. Also my room is on the quieter backside of the hotel, but also near a smoking area and I can smell it through the fan. Nice Paul Mitchell bathroom products.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank loribee25
Reviewed 6 September 2018

The interior of the hotel is what you would expect from the Courtyard chain, clean, comfortable and set up with amenities for the business travel. I was in town for a few days and no car, so I appreciated being able to walk to several nice restaurants. Check with the waiter for restaurant recommendations. I wasn't disappointed by any of her suggestions.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank welton n
Danielle C, General Manager at Courtyard Tacoma Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear neubertwelton26,
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, we appreciate your business! I'm glad you were able to enjoy the many offerings we have here in Tacoma.

Cheers!
Danielle Cavoto

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

The first thing I'd like to start with, this Marriott downtown Tacoma was not a pleasant stay. The front desk greeted me upon arrival, beautiful Lobby in the hotel but once you get to the room you notice this hotel has a very noisy street and freeway in front of it that the teenagers race up and down with their very loud cars.

Marriott always does well with the cleanliness of their hotel properties.

Inconvenient because they don't start serving breakfast till 6:30 in the morning which is quite late for most business types. The valet doesn't open till 5 a.m., if you have to leave before that you'll be walking to your car, thank goodness they had someone to walk with me since I'm female traveling alone and the parking garage is across the street it was still dark out. The valet really should be open 24 hours a day after all you are paying $17 a day for the valet.

Bring your earplugs because not only this street in front of the hotel is loud but the air conditioning heater in the room is so noisy you couldn't possibly sleep if it was on, had to shut it off and deal with a stuffy room. Thank goodness I travel with earplugs I used them on both nights.

I will not be staying at this Courtyard again due to noise and the inconvenience.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank sunbaby39
Reviewed 13 August 2018

right across from the convention center - it does not get better than this.
the hotel is very beautiful and the rooms are very nice.
clean.
great restaurant and many places to eat right around the hotel.
valet parking and the attendants are very professional and friendly
I thought it was a little bit too expensive but it was a great stay.
the team in that hotel are excellent.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business