Lowest prices for your stay
HIExpress.com
US$145
Free cancellation until 21/09/19
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$146
Free cancellation until 21/09/19
Traveluro
US$132
Expedia.comUS$145
Orbitz.com
getaroom.comUS$151
All reviews parking garage ihg rewards glass bridge walking distance two queen beds working order front desk staff wi fi the breakfast area one night stay elevator mt rainier art
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 May 2021

Stayed at this property 12 days because my wife and I were in the process of moving out of this city. Moving process is always stressful. However, Tre, Morgan, London, Kaylee, and Natasha at the front desk went above and beyond and made sure it felt like home to us. My wife is allergic to blueberries and the employees above ensured that she got an alternative to blueberry muffins for breakfast daily. That act has indeed warmed her heart! Rooms are cleaned and sanitized. We will definitely return to this property if our travel itinerary permits!

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Typicaltravelerhendo
Reviewed 16 April 2021 via mobile

For well over a year, we did not travel due to risk from COVID-19. This week, after we had been fully vaccinated, we used IHG Rewards points to stay in Tacoma, close to jury selection buildings. Staff at this hotel were friendly, helpful, and accommodating.

Our eighth-floor suite had multiple benefits. The bathroom and furniture appeared to be fairly recently updated. A large TV was in good working order.

The view from our room was interesting: Mt. Rainier beyond the Tacoma Dome roof, train yard, and The Harmon Building, where we at one night. At sunset, the buildings and mountains stand out.

Management made cleaning and services changes to keep its guests safer; we welcomed their ideas (e.g., five-or-six item bag of to-go breakfast foods; no decorative pillows, no small bottles in the bathroom, no air circulation in bathroom; no pen or paper; and no pool). Room cleaning was by request.

Only a few things in the room were uncomfortable. The sofa cushions and mattress were somewhat rigid, and the wall HVAC unit could be loud. Overall, though, the hotel met our needs and made us feel safe as we stayed there.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank LINDA C
Reviewed 30 August 2020

My husband and I stayed here for a couple of nights at the beginning of our cross country move. We just needed a place to sleep and store our belongings that we were taking in the car with us, and this hotel worked well for that purpose. It is close to places to eat and walking distance to the port, which was nice. However, I would not have felt comfortable staying there alone. The parking garage was littered with cigarette butts as there were people smoking every time we walked out of the doors. The elevator reeked of smoke and the stench lingered into the hallways. There were people lingering outside of the parking garage that clearly were not guests, but I imagine it would have been easy to follow someone in and go unnoticed. We chose to stay here over the Courtyard a couple blocks away because of the price but would reconsider for next time.

Room tip: You can see Mt. Rainier from a top floor room that faces the port on a clear day!
Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank 296savannahh
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma Downtown, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2020

Hello 296savannahh,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us among your many lodging options. We also appreciate your candid remarks.

I appreciate your exceptional rating on our hotel colleagues service. It is also great that you had a night of sound sleep, and found our location convenient. I understand your concern on your safety and recognize your dismay with the unwelcoming smell in our hotel’s public areas. Trust that we’re always looking out for our guests’ best interests, and we will immediately share your remarks to our hotel’s front office management for improvements on our amenities and services.

We hope to welcome you back and show you an experience that we can be proud of.

Best,

Kenneth F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 15 July 2020 via mobile

Staying here right now, single Mom with teenage daughter. Went up to my room, they only gave me one bed when I reserved two so had to bring my luggage back down to get that fixed. Cannot get ac to work well and shower nozzle won’t stay in one position so it can get scalding unless you hold the handle. Had an issue getting in the door of parking garage elevator at night, room key did not prox in correctly. Shady people around, doesn’t feel safe.

Front desk staff was friendly and bagged breakfast was ample plus parking at $5/day was great, but I should have paid more to stay down the street at the Courtyard.

Also, was going to bring our small dog, glad I didn’t because finding grass nearby would have been challenging.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank dd4life
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma Downtown, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2020

Hello dd4life!

An inspiring and effortless journey is what we're aiming to give our guests. It's great to get feedback from our visitors. Thank you for sharing yours and for choosing us when you were in the area.

While I'm pleased that you liked our front desk staff service, I'm sorry to hear that you had a problem with the first room and air conditioning unit. We're all about providing recharging experiences. I'm concerned that the shower nozzle and the parking garage door caused you trouble. The review of our visitors guides us in taking steps toward improvement. I relayed yours to the management and maintenance teams.

I'm happy to know that you found our bagged breakfast on par with your liking. I hope you'd consider us again so we can mend fences, and prove that we're capable of delivering guest satisfaction.

Stay safe,

Leni C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 16 February 2020

Tacoma was the first night of a 2 week National Park trip. Coming from the east coast, we are always quite tired from the flight and subsequent travel. Add that the drive from Seattle and we were ready to rest. This hotel was perfect - easy to find - easy to park and easy to check in. Beds were comfortable. Small refrigerator in the room was great for storing picnic supplies that we purchased for the trip. The breakfast area was very large and very clean. The women staffing the breakfast area were super friendly and treated everyone like family. I eat a vegan diet and there was plenty of options for me. I chose this hotel so that we could walk to the Chilahuly Glass Bridge the next morning. It was a pleasant, although steep walk down to the bridge. We would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: September 2019