Lowest prices for your stay
HIExpress.com
US$139
Free cancellation until 21/09/26
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$140
Free cancellation until 21/09/26
Traveluro
US$128
Expedia.comUS$139
PricelineUS$139
getaroom.comUS$145
All reviews parking garage ihg rewards glass bridge walking distance two queen beds working order front desk staff wi fi the breakfast area one night stay elevator mt rainier art
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 August 2020

My husband and I stayed here for a couple of nights at the beginning of our cross country move. We just needed a place to sleep and store our belongings that we were taking in the car with us, and this hotel worked well for that purpose. It is close to places to eat and walking distance to the port, which was nice. However, I would not have felt comfortable staying there alone. The parking garage was littered with cigarette butts as there were people smoking every time we walked out of the doors. The elevator reeked of smoke and the stench lingered into the hallways. There were people lingering outside of the parking garage that clearly were not guests, but I imagine it would have been easy to follow someone in and go unnoticed. We chose to stay here over the Courtyard a couple blocks away because of the price but would reconsider for next time.

Room tip: You can see Mt. Rainier from a top floor room that faces the port on a clear day!
Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank 296savannahh
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma Downtown, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2020

Hello 296savannahh,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us among your many lodging options. We also appreciate your candid remarks.

I appreciate your exceptional rating on our hotel colleagues service. It is also great that you had a night of sound sleep, and found our location convenient. I understand your concern on your safety and recognize your dismay with the unwelcoming smell in our hotel’s public areas. Trust that we’re always looking out for our guests’ best interests, and we will immediately share your remarks to our hotel’s front office management for improvements on our amenities and services.

We hope to welcome you back and show you an experience that we can be proud of.

Best,

Kenneth F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 15 July 2020 via mobile

Staying here right now, single Mom with teenage daughter. Went up to my room, they only gave me one bed when I reserved two so had to bring my luggage back down to get that fixed. Cannot get ac to work well and shower nozzle won’t stay in one position so it can get scalding unless you hold the handle. Had an issue getting in the door of parking garage elevator at night, room key did not prox in correctly. Shady people around, doesn’t feel safe.

Front desk staff was friendly and bagged breakfast was ample plus parking at $5/day was great, but I should have paid more to stay down the street at the Courtyard.

Also, was going to bring our small dog, glad I didn’t because finding grass nearby would have been challenging.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank dd4life
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma Downtown, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2020

Hello dd4life!

An inspiring and effortless journey is what we're aiming to give our guests. It's great to get feedback from our visitors. Thank you for sharing yours and for choosing us when you were in the area.

While I'm pleased that you liked our front desk staff service, I'm sorry to hear that you had a problem with the first room and air conditioning unit. We're all about providing recharging experiences. I'm concerned that the shower nozzle and the parking garage door caused you trouble. The review of our visitors guides us in taking steps toward improvement. I relayed yours to the management and maintenance teams.

I'm happy to know that you found our bagged breakfast on par with your liking. I hope you'd consider us again so we can mend fences, and prove that we're capable of delivering guest satisfaction.

Stay safe,

Leni C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 16 February 2020

Tacoma was the first night of a 2 week National Park trip. Coming from the east coast, we are always quite tired from the flight and subsequent travel. Add that the drive from Seattle and we were ready to rest. This hotel was perfect - easy to find - easy to park and easy to check in. Beds were comfortable. Small refrigerator in the room was great for storing picnic supplies that we purchased for the trip. The breakfast area was very large and very clean. The women staffing the breakfast area were super friendly and treated everyone like family. I eat a vegan diet and there was plenty of options for me. I chose this hotel so that we could walk to the Chilahuly Glass Bridge the next morning. It was a pleasant, although steep walk down to the bridge. We would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: September 2019
2  Thank dduck62
Reviewed 9 January 2020

The accommodations were just what we wanted. Bed was very comfortable with fridge, hot water kettle and TV. The complimentary breakfast was awesome. Location was very accessible to Museum of Glass, History and art museums. Walking distance to a slew of nice restaurents.

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank Edward L
Reviewed 27 December 2019

Let me just start by saying, while the hotel is in an 'interesting' location, do not be fooled. It's close to everything in Tacoma.

The room we stayed in was top notch, Bed was good, firm, but good. Nice sized bathroom, and watkin's toiletries too! We never made it made it to the pool, no time!
The free breakfast was great, they had so many gluten free options.

Front desk was great, helpful, and welcoming. Parking was a breeze, yes it's $7.00, but it's a far cry cheaper than the Silver Cloud at $12.00 a night!

We will return!

Room tip: Top floor for sure!
Date of stay: December 2019