All reviews commencement bay puget sound train noise water view walking path point defiance waffles aveda bath products within walking distance water front quiche jacuzzi tub third floor nice breakfast light sleeper hotel is located close to downtown
Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

I have NO complaints. Only wonderful things to say. We will be back! The breakfast was delicious. The front desk was amazing in helping us with car service and providing personal items we had forgotten. This is the perfect place to get away.... for us, we were dealing was some stressful things and I found it much easier to relax here.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
CindyFanning, Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Tacoma - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

So glad to hear that your stay was all that you had hoped for! We look forward to seeing you again, soon, Kimberlyrenee74!

Reviewed 9 October 2018

The hotel is in the industrial part of town. There are very few commercial businesses near the hotel. We had to drive awhile to find food and a store. Our room was on the first floor and only had a view of the grass next door and the roadway. The rooms near the front of the hotel probably have a great view of the water. I got the feeling that the hotel was half hotel and half condos. It felt as if some of the units were people's homes. We had our luggage in the car and did not want to carry everything up to the room, but the parking wasn't covered or gated, and there was not a security guard on duty. Because this wasn't the best neighborhood, we carried everything up to the room. The breakfast in the morning was average; nothing to write home about. I would probably stay in a different part of town if I were to go back to Tacoma.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
CindyFanning, Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Tacoma - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Christina W.,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us in Tacoma. The Silver Cloud is all hotel and no condominiums, although, it does resemble a condominium style property in size. We are located along the waterfront and you are correct that the rooms located farther out on the pier do have a better water view than those close to the street.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

Front desk staff was so helpful! I was there because my dad was hospitalized and I had received a call that he was dying. The day after I arrived, my adult son decided to come up so he could be there with his grandfather. My dilemma was that I needed a bigger room. I went downstairs and talked with the front desk and explained my situation. There were so nice and thoughtful and moved me into a larger room and even moved my luggage while I was at the hospital.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2018

Beautiful place in a special setting. The waterfront views are spectacular, the location is close to everything, the park is nice. Hard to beat ! Lots to do in Tacoma area, and this is a great place to come "home" to at the end of a fun day. Very relaxing.

Room Tip: Great setting.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2018

Modern, clean and friendly hotel. Very convenient location on the waterfront of Commencement Bay in Tacoma. The hot breakfast is outstanding and far exceeds what most hotels offer. The entire hotel is non-smoking (thank you very much).

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple