All reviews commencement bay puget sound train noise water view walking path point defiance waffles aveda bath products within walking distance water front quiche jacuzzi tub third floor nice breakfast light sleeper hotel is located close to downtown
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Our experience staying for the past 5 nights were 98% positive. The room had a great view, was comfortable and clean. The breakfasts had a number of choices with rotating hot items, and plenty of coffee/tea all day. We were able to get items we needed from the front desk. The hotel also provides laundry machine and we used it a few times. It was a nice amenity since we needed a few change of clothes during our stay. They also provide shuttle service but we didn’t get a chance to use.
One recommendation is to improve cleaning service. It was inconsistent during our stay. One day, our towels were taken but not replaced and the bed wasn’t made. Another day we had new toiletries but the coffee machine and sink area were not cleaned.

But besides that we really loved our stay and will definitely return

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2018

The property is beautiful, relaxing and well kept. The staff is friendly and helpful. Even though I stay there because of work I am always able to relax. The scenery is absolutely breath taking. Nice areas to walk, excellent restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank uptomealways
Reviewed 19 June 2018

I stayed here over Christmas. It snowed that day and I had the Jacuzzi suite with a fireplace. The staff was incredible even offering driving services to nearby places. Staying out on the Sound was a joy. The room and tub were great. I had a terrific time and recommend this hotel to everyone.

Stayed: December 2017
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Stayed for two nights and got great rest. The views of the ships and the water were great, fireplace nice and breakfast was unexpectedly good also. Easy access to the Tacoma area, once you figured out the interwoven roadways. Staff was friendly and helpful in all cases.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 17 June 2018

I had a pleasant stay here for a couple of nights, loved the views and literally being right on the water. I stayed in one of the corner deluxe rooms with the jetted tub, which was nice, but honestly after using the tub the first evening, for the rest of my visit I almost would have appreciated having all of that lovely view space next to those corner windows for a sitting area instead. It's still fun though! And the set up otherwise, with a very comfy chair and ottoman in front of the fireplace and TV, was relaxing. All of the employees that I met were very friendly and helpful. I had the included breakfast one of the mornings and it was decent, on the morning I was there it was veggie & egg breakfast burritos, sausage links, oatmeal, cereal assortment (with non-dairy milk options, a nice touch), toast and bagels, make your own waffles, juice. The dining tables were right off of the lobby in a nice open area with views over the water too. Other reviews have mentioned the trains that run regularly right across the street. I didn't mind them at all since I tend to like some train noise, at least this kind. The trains aren't going very fast through this part and didn't make a lot of honking noise. But, I was at one of the rooms on the farthest end of the hotel from the trains, so it might be more noticeable on the other end. I did notice that the heating/AC system in my room was pretty loud, and luckily it was pleasant enough during my stay that I didn't need to use either heating or AC even with keeping my windows open a few inches to let in the sea breeze. I'd gladly stay here again but probably skip the extra expense of the jetted tub option.

Room Tip: Higher number rooms are on the end over the water, furthest away from street
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo