Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 July 2021

Our room was dirty (I called the front desk to let them know, but they didn’t care). There are no food or beverage amenities at all. I was told my the manager Shawn that the restaurant would be open by July 8th, however, it was not. I wanted to purchase a soda, however, the front end staff only had calorie free choices, which I don’t drink, so they offered the drinks free of charge. When I looked at my room bill the next day, I saw the charge for the cokes ($13.20, so I was lied to). The valet parking is horrible and the handicap space was blocked off with building supplies (huge glass panel windows). The valet didn’t care that I needed to be parked in the handicap spot, as two people in my party were disabled. The valet manager continued to insult me by telling me stories about vehicles they parked that are far more expensive than my vehicle and that I shouldn’t worry. No one at the hotel cared and continued to ignored my request for handicap parking. I attempted to call back to speak with the general manager, Charles a very rude and nasty front end staff member answered the phone and refused to transfer me to a manager. I am truly disgusted and would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Christophe Chabaud, General Manager at Silver Cloud Hotel Tacoma at Point Ruston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2021

Good afternoon Yulka,

On behalf of all us at Silver Cloud Hotel Tacoma at Point Ruston, thank you for taking the time to bring concerns to our attention regarding the service experience you had during your recent stay.
Rest assured that we were very disappointed to hear that your time with us was less than excellent. We take great pride in our service and hope to make every guests’ stay a “home away from home” experience. We will be sure to commit to utilizing the information gained to continue training and implementing worthwhile improvements.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel whenever the need arises.

With kind regards,

The management team at Silver Cloud Hotel Tacoma at Point Ruston.

Reviewed 20 July 2021

We stayed two nights last week and will return. The front desk people were 5 star hotel good. Our room was well designed and the bed was comfortable. Good eating options nearby plus a wonderful waterfront walking path.

Room tip: Ocean view rooms are amazing and probably worth the extra $$$

Dear PDXflier,

Many thanks for your comments. The team and I were excited to hear about your experience, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your comments, including your constructive feedback.

Reviewed 11 July 2021 via mobile

Thank you Erica for your thoughtful, kind guest service. Highly recommend this new hotel option in Tacoma. Great location for the zoo, market, and restaurants. Select a water view room…enjoy, and relax!

Affordable base from which guests can go into Seattle, Oregon, across the Sound….

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear sw1030,

Many thanks for your comments, super happy to hear about Erica's attention. The team and I were excited to hear about your experience, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your comments, including your constructive feedback.

Reviewed 11 June 2021

At long last there's a new hotel in Tacoma not located in the dreary downtown/convention center area. The Silver Cloud Hotel at Point Ruston (not to be confused with the Silver Cloud Waterfront Tacoma) is a spectacular resort hotel decorated beautifully and with more amenities than any other property in Tacoma. I didn't realize I had booked during their "soft opening" so some of the services were not available, but it didn't really matter.
The rooms are spacious and include a coffee machine and refrigerator. Upgrade to a water view if you can. Worth every penny. There's a very large and well-equipped fitness room and a miles long walking/running trail is just outside the door. A rooftop swimming pool is due to open in July and a full spa is promised in the fall.
The bar and restaurant haven't yet opened but they both have views of Mt Rainier over the water with nearby islands. There's also outside seating. There's also a large ballroom with a water view that looks like a fabulous place for wedding receptions.
It's all located in the vibrant Point Ruston development so there are plenty of restaurants, shops, a movie theater, and children's playground as well as live music. You can safely wander around at night and stroll by the water.
Yes, the rate at this hotel is much higher than most of the others in Tacoma but it's worth it.

Date of stay: June 2021

Dear dhbourke,

The restaurant, and the pool, are now open, we'll look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 11 June 2021

This was a very relaxing stay. We had a Sound view and it was a great ship observation platform. Make sure you get a room with a water view: we enjoyed all the harbor traffic and watching the Point Defiance Ferry make its trips across the Sound. The room was very clean and comfortable. The Staff was very courteous and friendly and Tim the maintenance man was fun to interact with. The Hotel is close to several restaurants and a fish market right nest door. There is a linear park in front of the hotel which has numerous points of interest that go all the way to Point Defiance and the Ferry to Vashon Island.

Room tip: Get a Water View Room
Date of stay: June 2021