Lowest prices for your stay
US$108
View deal
Hotels.com
US$108
View deal
PricelineUS$108
ClarionUS$108
getaroom.comUS$113
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 January 2021

First off I've been a Choice rewards member for MANY years and have NEVER experienced such POOR Customer Service. Prior to booking at "Clarion Inn near JBLM", I had reached out to the location with a few questions that I had since I was planning to use partial points and the rest on my credit card to fund my stay. I spoke with "Jay" at the front desk and asked him a few of the questions I had. One of them was "How much are incidentals at your particular location?". He responded that if I was paying in cash, it would be a $150, but since I was using my partial points and my credit card, I would not have to pay the $150 incidental fee because my Credit Card info would already be on file. I then indicated to him that I would proceed with booking the room. I then arrive to the hotel to check in and spoke with Jay (who was not wearing a mask). After looking over my reservation, he says that it doesn't indicate on his end that I used points and my credit card, but rather just says that I used points. So I asked him why is that and he wasn't able to provide a legitimate response. Instead he produced a form indicating the terms on why I would not receive my $150 and had asked me to read, initial and sign the bottom. To which I was already frustrated, so I briefly looked over the form, initialed and signed. I then handed him $150 in cash and he place it in an envelope and put it into the register. I then got my room key and head to my room. As I'm walking up the hallway, towards the exit door, there is a stench of Marijuana as I get closer to the door, which should have been an indication to me NOT to stay there. But I had already gone through the whole process and figured one night shouldn't be bad. I get to my room and close the door behind me and try to latch the lock on the top of the door, but there was nothing to latch the lock onto. So I only had the deadbolt look to use. I then went over to the window (since I was on the bottom floor) to make sure things are secure. I opened the window and noticed that screen wire was pried open and wasn't securely in place, to which I did my best to fix that problem.

I left the property to get some food and came back to my room and stayed inside the entire night. Around 3 or 4 in the morning, I had gotten a call that a Loved one had been rushed to the Hospital due to showing signs of Covid and I was asked to tend to her young children. I rushed over and stayed there the entire time. Around 2pm, I was able to take a break and contacted the Hotel. I Spoke with "Tasi" and explained to her what happened to which she replied "Sorry to hear about your loved one, but I came to room, knocked on the door and no answer. I even called your room and no answer. So I had to drop your deposit of $150. You signed a paper when you checked in which stated terms of why you will not get your deposit back and one of those reasons was to check out by 11am and you didn't." I then asked her why she didn't reach out to me on my cell phone on file to which she was unable to answer.

Frustrated, I then reached out to Choice Rewards Customer Relations and they reached out to the Hotel Property. They were able to Speak to the Manager of the Property name "Mihn" (unsure of the accurate spelling) and he stated that I didn't check out in time and therefore I will not be getting my deposit back.

As stated in my initial statement, I've been a Choice Rewards Member for MANY Years...I have NEVER experienced poor Customer Service in my life. My suggestion to ANYONE thinking about booking at this particular location is to NOT!! But rather pay the extra few dollars to stay at a location nearby where you would be treated better and appreciated for your business.

Room tip: Pay the extra money to get a better room within 5 miles from this location.
Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed 28 February 2020 via mobile

Sadly to say, I recently had a death in the family. I had to travel from Idaho to Tacoma for the funeral. Distraught, while I was booking the reservation, I accidentally booked an incorrect date of March 1st. I called to see if they had anything available on the correct date so I could switch it. They did not so I had to find another hotel instead. I called the front desk many times to cancel and get a refund because of the incorrect date. Clarion Inn had ample amount of time (two weeks) to fill the room with another customer so I didn’t think it would be an issue. The front desk advised me that the only way to cancel was to talk to a manager who apparently was never there every time I called. So I gave the front desk my name and number many times without a return phone call. Clarion Inn has added additional stress to an already traumatic event in life. Human error happens in life’s circumstances sometimes. I will NEVER give Clarion Inn my business ever again.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank contentgirl13
Reviewed 13 February 2020 via mobile

Great motel and great staff. Was in town for a couple day work trip and was working some weird hours. Warming my truck up at 1 in the morning Security came to check if everything was ok. The breakfast is also excellent worth at least 10-15 bucks. I'll be back

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
ClarionTacoma, General Manager at Clarion Inn Near JBLM, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2020

Roger, thank you for the review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff and the property. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and hope that you will come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 21 December 2019 via mobile

April is the best. She helped me more than I could imagine. Gabby was also very helpful as well. I cant stress enough how helpful April was. After an error with hotwire, she managed to help me keep my room.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
ClarionTacoma, Manager at Clarion Inn Near JBLM, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2019

Thank you for the 5! I appreciate your kind words regarding April and Gabby. I am thrilled to hear that they were such a help and will pass along your kind words. Thank you for choosing us!

Reviewed 14 December 2019 via mobile

We needed to book 2 adjoining rooms for a family occasion and April took can of you quickly and efficiently.
This is my second stay here and all the staff are great.
2 thumbs up to April for taking care of us.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
ClarionTacoma, General Manager at Clarion Inn Near JBLM, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2019

We appreciate the 5 STARS! I am happy to hear that April took care of you and the staff is so great! Thank you for your continued business!