Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$114
View deal
Expedia.comUS$113
AscendUS$113
PricelineUS$114
Agoda.comUS$114
Hotels.comUS$113
Trip.comUS$129
All reviews shilo inn waffles indoor pool room was clean hard boiled eggs cereal
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 June 2021

It's so pretty on the outside but lacks things inside....
1. beds are bumpy and pillows aren't good quality
2. showers are beautifully redone, but when I started to shower I realized the containers for Soap, Shampoo and Conditioner were all EMPTY!!!!
3. they were out of yoghurt at 7 am already so not much options for breakfast that was just a to go brown bag
4. very very very noisy in my room, sounded like windows were open as it's right on the freeway, not fun

Date of stay: June 2021
Guest Relations Manager, Other at Hotel Thea, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2021

Dear LizzyB01,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for taking the time to write a review. Although your overall visit was pleasant, we apologize for the difficulty you experienced with our service especially with the beds and pillows, soap; shampoo, and conditioner; and yogurt.

I would also want to apologize for the noises that disturb your rest, All Front Desk Clerks are instructed and trained on how to handle these types of issues and I'm very sorry they failed to correct this problem for you.

Your sincere feedback, including the comments about what we did right and areas where we can improve, helps us better our customer service. We have shared your concerns with the appropriate individuals, and we have taken action to ensure a better experience for future guests. We appreciate your patience and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2021

I stayed at this property early last year and can truly say that the remodel has improved the hotel quite a bit. That said it still does not take away the fact that this property is located in a sketchy part of Tacoma. My truck was stolen over night from the hotel parking lot. The next morning the front desk receptionist said that unfortunately she couldn't see anything because the cameras were not working that night which I thought was odd. I also found it odd that when the front desk receptionist spoke to her supervisor who was in that morning, they apparently told her to tell me to contact the police which was obvious. But the hotel did not fill out any type of report or ask me any questions. I would think that this is definitely something that a hotel would want to know especially considering a guest was negatively impacted. And yes I do realize there are signs about the hotel not be responsible for theft on their lots. Long story short I found my truck later that afternoon one block east of the hotel. Theives had hot-started it and drove off. This was a situation where I had to take the good with the bad.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Melissa Wheatley, General Manager at Hotel Thea, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I am thrilled to see you like the new look of the hotel! I am also deeply sorry about your truck. Unfortunately, during your stay we were doing upgrades to our security system which caused certain cameras to be off for short periods of time. I am happy to share that everything has been updated and now working properly. Guest safety is our number one priority and something we are focused on. I do sincerely hope you will stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 26 September 2020 via mobile

Not happy at all. Wasn't aware the entire hotel was under construction. Everything is dirty and it smells, well like a construction site. Also the toilet seat wasn't clean which is super disgusting....

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Guest Relations Manager, Other at Hotel Thea, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2021

Tugboatrick,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I am so sorry for the inconveniences that you experienced due to the ongoing construction and renovation process going on in our hotel. We hope you're looking forward to your next stay and to seeing the completed improvements as much as we are!

Reviewed 30 July 2020

I last reviewed this Shilo Inn in 10 years ago and felt compelled to update it. A lot has changed in that time including this hotel. For the first time in over 20 years, this hotel is undergoing a major remodel to all the rooms (that's created a few issues with moving around parts of the hotel). We just stayed one night and may not stay here again in the future (COVID-19 notwithstanding). Our reasons include: 1) The current staff seemed a bit distant (This location had a long time employee (forget name) who worked there forever that was very outgoing and pleasant (maybe she retired or moved on) and when making the reservation via the phone could have mentioned the remodel; didn't event mention it at check-in; 2) We stayed in one of the recently remodeled rooms which had a walk-in shower and no tub ( bit of a downer) and 3) even considering the remodel we just did feel that welcome and the value wasn't there. The morning we checked out noticed a bit of any odor (the now legal kind) lingering in the hallway outside our room.

A few COVID-19 notes. The pool is closed and no breakfast is being offered. There are a number of restaurants within walking distance across the street (Elmer's has great food) and to the north.

Lastly, do not request a room facing I-5 unless you enjoy endless background noise.

Room tip: Choose a room facing east away from I-5
Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank Unknown_Traveler
Annette Domingo, General Manager at Hotel Thea, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2020

Thank you for your sincere review. Yes we are going through a much needed remodel. We do still have a few 20+ yr employees, perhaps they were off during your visit. Seems that we have some additional training to do with the front desk staff and I apologize for the lack of "warmth". We will have tubs available on the first floor upon completion of remodel and new quiet windows throughout the hotel. I will review our listings on the internet as I thought I had updated all the listings to include the pool and spa being closed and we are doing a grab n go breakfast due to local ordinances re Covid 19. We are hoping to have he remodel completed by year's end. I would hope that you would come and give us another chance to meet and exceed your expectations when completed. Again, thanks for your review as that is the main way we can strive to improve.

Reviewed 23 March 2020 via mobile

I’m at the property right now, I checked in a few hours ago. I’m very impressed, the gentleman at the desk was very nice, and the room is great!
Motel 6 is across the street, and closed due to Covid-19.
The great thing is that I discovered that Shilo Inn is 10x better anyway, for only maybe $10 more. I’ll be back!
Highly recommended.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank driver888_12
Annette D, Manager at Hotel Thea, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2020

Thank you. It is nice to hear how our staff is doing. And that you are enjoying the hotel. Even though you haven't left yet, we will welcome you back.