All reviews pancake making machine warehouse district quaint downtown front desk light sleeper nice hotel place to stay minute drive mini fridge and microwave mount rainier breakfast bar seatac airport pool and hot tub comfortable beds the room was nice breakfast room freeway
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Have stayed here multiple times and am overly pleased! Extremely clean, excellent service and a great breakfast selection for the value. This hotel is very comfortable for the value and I have never been disappointed with any stay! Those who complain about breakfast selections, choose a restaurant instead of a hotel provided breakfast! Those who complain about internet, stop streaming videos! I have never had any significant issues at this hotel. I have never been disappointed with any stay at this hotel and will stay here again and again!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank 644royl
Reviewed 3 July 2018

I stay at this hotel primarily for business when I am visiting our Sumner area office. There are not many decent hotels to choose from in this particular area and this Holiday Inn Express is the best of the lot. Benefits: great location off 167 with easy on/off access to the highway, the property and rooms are very clean, the breakfast is about as good as you can expect from a 3 star hotel which means the hot food is mediocre but there is a good variety of hot and cold items to choose from. The staff is friendly and attentive but the housekeeper did miss cleaning our room 1 out of the 6 nights we were there. The exercise room is small with only one treadmill and the equipment is clean, functional but a bit outdated. Since I stay here for business my big complaint has to do with the wifi internet service which was ridiculously slow - literally dial up speed. It would work fine for the first 5 minutes or so and then slow to a crawl to the point where it was unusable. This happened during our entire stay and was very annoying for such a modern hotel in one of the technology hotspots of the world. The final complaint has to do with the stupid automatic thermostat in the room which includes a motion sensor. The motion sensor means the room will only be heated or cooled IF the thermostat detects motion in the room - no detected motion = no cooling. This is all fine and well when you are moving about the room during the day but is a problem at night when you are sleeping in bed since the thermostat does not detect any motion and therefore does not provide any heating or cooling. There is no "night override" switch so you just have to sweat all night long - whomever invented this particular thermostat should be drawn and quartered.
Other than the terrible wifi and useless thermostat it is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Choose an east facing room if you want a view of Mt. Rainier.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank dlgseattle
Reviewed 18 June 2018

When we checked in the desk said because of the code used somewhere in my booking that they could change the room at their convenience. The change was from 2 queens, to a King with pull out couch.
The pull out couch mattress was a joke. It was seemingly a spring frame in a cloth bag. I used all the extra blankets and sheets to try and hide the springs. It also dipped quite a bit to the center. This couch/bed would have been a good prop on SNL.
Not much sleep, decent breakfast in the morning. I did not have much difficulty waking up. The staff all seemed nice which I appreciated as I was a bit grumpy in the morning.

Room Tip: Don't use the pull out couch.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed here from the 17-20th. Staff is always friendly. Beds and pillows were comfy. I am a light sleeper and was glad didn’t hear the train that passes by. Breakfast is always nice to have. Still need to upgrade on the washer and dryers they have for guest to use. They had two washers and one dryer working. I like how we are able to wash some clothes so would be nice to upgrade soon on them.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank KarenT716
Reviewed 31 December 2017

It's pretty darn nice to check in at 9PM to warm, soft cookies and coffee. Dining area was nice they had a large selection including a pancake making machine. There are trains close by but didn't bother us but they also provide ear plugs if you want.

Stayed: December 2017