“Lunch”

Anthony's at Spokane Falls
Reserve with OpenTable
Anthony's at Spokane Falls is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 934 Restaurants in Spokane
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful restaurant with magnificent view. We’ve been here on Business for three weeks and have discovered a disappointing Food Culture here in Spokane. Surrounded by fresh water, one would expect an abundance of fresh water fish everywhere. I ordered the fish tacos and again disappointing quality and quantity offered. We have all pretty much given up on all hope for a satisfying meal in Spokane. Next meal will be coming from the local grocery store. :(

1  Thank Denise N
AnthonysRestsNW, Guest Relations Manager at Anthony's at Spokane Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Denise,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share this. I am so sorry that you were disappointed in the food. We hold ourselves to very high standards and I feel so terrible that we fell short with you. I have passed this along to the general manager and I would love to get your phone number so that I can have the general manager reach out personally about this experience. Again, I am so sorry and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had wanted to dine here for quite some time, but never actually made the trip. Circumstances finally allowed us to head here, and for the most part we weren't disappointed. Parking was very easy, especially with complimentary valet service if you need it (we didn't use it). The restaurant is very clean, very well appointed, wonderful ambience and atmosphere. The view of the river and falls is tremendous, and there really isn't a bad seat in the house for dining - in better weather the outdoor patio would be a great place to be and enjoy the 'rush' of the river. Staff were wonderful, from the first member you meet as you walk in the door to your server and everyone else - great staff. Wonderful place to go - so why 3 stars? They are a restaurant, so their main purpose is the business of food - and they suck at it. EVERY dish was horrible. The appetizer was bland, cheaply made, very poor taste. The Calamari was overcooked, chewy, and of poor quality. The steak was overcooked, VERY poor quality, bad taste. The complimentary house bread was stale, hard, horrible tasting. The clam chowder was a runny, nasty/old tasting poor excuse for chowder. EVERYTHING we had was horrible and sad - and you pay a premium price for their cruddy food. My recommendation would be to definitely go here, have a couple drinks, socialize, watch the falls, listen to the river, enjoy the high quality service and wonderful atmosphere ... and then promptly go somewhere else and eat ... because THEIR FOOD IS NOT GOOD.

1  Thank bndjunction4

Hi there,
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this feedback. I am so happy you had wonderful service and enjoyed the beautiful view but am so sorry that you did not enjoy the food. We hold ourselves to very high standards and I feel terrible that we fell short in the food department with you. I have passed this along to the general manager as well as our team of chefs and upper management team for review and consideration. I would love to get your phone number so that I can have the general manager reach out to your personally to touch base about your most recent experience. Again, I am so sorry for your disappointment in the food and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a party of 6. We showed up at noon and requested a table outside. We didn't have reservations so we went to the bar. The bartender told us about a crap cocktail that was not on the menu. We ordered it along with a white wine the bartender suggested would go great with the crab. He was spot on the crab cocktails was huge and oh so good. Big chunks of crab. It was more than enough for my wife and I. The believe the bartenders name was Jerry but I'm not 100% sure.

The view of the falls out side is utterly fantastic. Oh so beautiful. The service was great and the food really good. I had the fish and chips and it was some of the best cod I have ever eaten. We will be back. On a side note the antiques district is only 1 block away. We found some great items to bring back. It's all within walking distance.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is a difficult call! In a nutshell, view cannot be beat, a real 10/10, service was good but food was VERY DISAPPOINTING !!!
Let’s start with mashed potatoes on crackers!!! What??? Oh yes, let’s top it with some dry salmon!
There’s more! The feature Duet dish is more dried salmon, minuscule shrimp and both non exceptional and dry! Thank goodness for the lemon juice! Rice was interesting thanks to some almonds and raisins! Dessert, ‘Burnt Cream’ it’s called ‘Creme Brûlée,’ Anthony’s. But it was good!
Won’t return, enjoy the view on the crossing bridges but find a better meal elsewhere!

1  Thank prescence

Hi there,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share this experience with me! I am glad that you enjoyed the view but very sorry that you were disappointed in the food. Our team of chefs work very hard to create dishes that are satisfying to all guest and to cook to order! I am so sorry that we fell short with you this time. We hold ourselves to very high standards and I feel horrible that we did not reach those standards with you. I would love to connect you to the general manager so that the two of you can touch base on this sub par experience. Please, email me your phone number at feedback@anthonys.com so that I can have the general manager reach out as soon as possible. Again, I am so sorry that the food was very disappointing but thank you so much for taking the time to share this. We use all guest feedback to move towards betterment and listening and acting on guest feedback is the first step in the right direction so thank you for providing us with information about your experience!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We arrived at 6:30 and there were people waiting. We had a reservation and were seated within minutes of arriving. It was our first visit and as everyone says, the view is amazing. Perched over the Spokane river with an excellent view of the falls with tiered seating areas, I think everyone has a good view.
We started with martinis and both were made well.
The server was friendly and when we wanted to wait a little before ordering, he did not pressure us to get an order in quickly.
I started with the clam chowder. It is thick and has good flavor. The clams were a little chewy but it was good. The Cesar salad did allow for added anchovies so that made my husband happy.
I had the crab cakes. They come our with two sauces. A lemon basil sauce one one and a plum sauce under the other. I was surprised they were smaller than I expected. However, inside a lightly crunchy exterior was all shredded crab meat, no filler. The rice and broccoli are unexceptional and it would be nice if they offered a wider variety of side dishes. The broccoli was lukewarm when it arrived. The crab cakes were piping hot and crunchy good.
My husband got the Keta river salmon. That was delicious and perfectly cooked with light grill taste. It came with a cornbread pudding that was also delicious.
The wine selection is good and the rose they offer by the glass was very good.
While we didn't get desert, they had fresh strawberry deserts with local strawberries.
I wold come back for lunch or for one of the fresh fish options for dinner. It would be great to sit out on the patio on a nice day.

Hi Sandra!
Thank you so much for sharing this experience! I am so grateful that you went into such great detail as it makes it easier for us to see what we did right and what we did wrong and need to fix. I am so happy that your overall experience was wonderful! I look forward to seeing you again soon!
-Molli