“Loud with substandard food”

Rusty Moose Bar and Grill
Ranked #19 of 926 Restaurants in Spokane
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had the Elk burger, very dry. Was there for lunch and could not hear anyone at our table without almost yelling.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Service was slow and the prices too high for lunch although I did enjoy the decor. Food was OK. I wasn't even sure there was a bar because there was no clear separation and we were just escorted to the restaurant without question.

Adelis2000, Manager at Rusty Moose Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Donna,

Thank you for taking the time to review our service. We strive to continually improve our service speed and overall guest experience. During the week, (Sun.- Sat.), our lounge is available from 4:00 PM- Close. We are sorry if you came in during this time and were not offered seating in our lounge. We would love to see you again, and hope you will join us for Happy Hour!

Rusty Moose Management Team

Reviewed 4 March 2018

If you're an outdoor loving kind of person you will enjoy the atmosphere at this fine restaurant. And the food is pretty good too with fine service and plenty of off street parking.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

Sat at the “bar”. There is a weird wall separating the bar from the kitchen that you have to talk over. Leading to confusion and awkward passing of drinks. I ordered the elk meatball appetizer and said if I liked it I’d try the elk Salisbury steak. The meatballs were deep fried (yuk) and I did not like the elk. When the guy finally came to check on me (how would he know I needed another drink, there’s a wall between us) I ordered some fish. But he already put the order in for the elk, which was not what I attempted to communicate. Needless to say I didn’t like the elk in that form either. I left confused and hungry. The place seemed to have a cool decor and everyone was friendly. Just the awkward wall and I didn’t like the elk. I certainly didn’t like more elk.

Dear Brian,

Thank you for your insightful review about your dining experience. We apologize for the inconvenience that the divider between our bar-top and pizza oven caused. For health reasons we try to allow a space between the handling of food and our guests' dining space. While our meatballs are one of our most popular menu items, we apologize that they weren't what you were expecting. Thank you for recognizing our friendly staff and decor, we hope you choose to join us in the future!

Rusty Moose Management Team

Reviewed 1 March 2018

This restaurant is quite interesting. There is quite a few different hunting and fishing memorabilia on display. There are even a few taxidermy mounts on display. The food is good ,but the portions have gotten smaller and the prices have gotten larger. It has become a place that I will stop at fewer times just because I don't feel I get my money's worth. Maybe I am being picky but if I am going to shell out $20 or more per meal I would like to get full.