“Great hidden gem off Hwy 7”

Tonala Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Spanaway
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

My daughter and her fiancé recommended this place to me. This was my first time dining in, did take out once before. Great food!! We both had the tonala burrito. It was so tasty. The salsa was en pointe. Next time I will go for happy hour.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Food and service both great! Happy hour specials, taco Tuesday and Monday street tacos are a great deal! Good margaritas.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

I have grown up on Mexican food made from grandparents from Mexico. I have never found a restaurant that cooked even close to that quality until I came here. It was like my grandma was in their kitchen. Not only was it cooked to perfection but you can tell that they are purchasing the highest quality ingredients. I promise you you will not find a better Mexican restaurant in the area if not the United States.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

We happened on this restaurant driving back from Mt. Rainier to Seattle. It's in an unassuming shopping center, but don't let that fool you. These people are real Mexican cooks making authentic Mexican food. Chips came with 2 different salsas - both good. We had excellent guacamole and yummy Fajitas for lunch. Service was good. I recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Joan m l
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I really like good Mexican food. A lot of places in the area disappoint, this one does not. I think this is some of the best Mexican food in Western Washington. The waitstaff is friendly and attentive. I particularly enjoy the fajita (steak) burrito. They also have Modello beer on tap.

1  Thank Philip S