Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$165
Hotels.comUS$165
PricelineUS$165
TravelocityUS$165
FindHotelUS$165
CheapTicketsUS$165
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 October 2019

Most guests stay a night or two and move on in their travels. I come here for a week or so at a stretch, and use it as a base for great day hikes in Mt. Rainier NP and the Goat Rocks Wilderness, even down to Mt. Adams. For these activities, the location can't be beat.

The previous managers retired (congrats to them!) and now Rebecca runs the place (although it's owned by a group that has a number of motels in the area). She is pleasant and helpful despite having a lot to do from the morning breakfast to getting the late arriving guests in. I enjoyed her company and banter a lot, and she made me feel right at home. She gets replaced a couple days a week by an equally competent manager who's been there for a long time. The housekeeping staff is great - attention to detail you'd expect from a much fancier place.

I like the location, somewhat out of town, and it's very dark and quiet at night. Also elk regularly come down the road in back to eat from the fruit trees at the edge of the forest. When it's warm I enjoy leaving the window open to hear coyotes and owls at night. There's not much traffic noise from the highway at night either - but watch out for elk by the road driving through town (seriously!).

Breakfast is fine though not fancy. Eggs, sausage, make your own waffles, yogurt, juice containers, basic breads. For a week's stay is can wear thin though adequate, but... there's a microwave and fridge in each room and I just nuke up some good additions to the breakfast, like pre-cooked bacon or ham or boiled potatoes. Gets me out for the day on a full stomach.

From the older reviews you might see that a common complaint was that the breakfast area was small and crowded on busy summer weekends. No more! They've put in a very nice addition that more than doubles the dining area and although I was not there at a crowded time, from past experience I know this will make it a perfect size.

The best think I can say about Crest Trail (btw that's what the locals call the PCT) is that I keep going back every year for at least five, and I feel good when I walk in the door. Highly recommended! Oh, good wifi also!

Date of stay: October 2019
3  Thank mojave_ben
Reviewed 19 October 2019

Rooms are extremely clean and the hostess is lovely. We enjoyed a glass of red wine and admired the family of elks that comes into the property each night. Nice location to stay for a visit to Mount Saint Helens and Mount Rainer as it is between both. You will want to stay an extra night!

Room tip: Ask for a room facing the front of the hotel so you can see wild life!
Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 28 September 2019

This is an amazing place! Just an hour drive outside of the park. The hotel has nice large rooms, very clean, extremely comfortable beds, cold AC, and great internet (which is important since there is no cell service in the mountains). Breakfast was great too. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The perfect place to stay after a long days hike. We will be back!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank traveltime0000
Reviewed 16 September 2019

3 nights in early Sept. Excellent staff. Met the 2 people covering the counter; one is the manager. Both were very friendly, easy to talk to, and helpful. Free breakfast was fine. Basic food like waffles, cereal, eggs etc. Would have liked some fruit though. Room was good. Bed was slightly noisy when moving on it. Room was nice and quiet. Could have used more hooks in the room because hikers have lots of stuff to hang up. A good place if you want to enjoy the park. I recommend this place.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank 45DeL
Reviewed 5 September 2019

When we arrived, there were only a handful of guests staying at the Crest Trail Lodge. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and forthcoming. She made us feel right at home. The room was clean, only the windows could have been a bit cleaner otherwise everything was great and worked quite well. Breakfast was alright in order to get you started. The hotel is just a short walk outside of Packwood, a perfect spot to explore Mount Rainier.

Date of stay: June 2019