Lowest prices for your stay
US$176
View deal
Free cancellation until 21/06/18
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
eDreams
Travelocity
All reviews laundry room clean rooms would definitely stay here again saw elk in town mount rainier lodge motel herd graze microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 September 2020

This is a motel-like "lodge" ...bit the rooms are renovated and super nice ! No breakfast due to COVID - and not sure if there is even a pool. There are tables and seats to sit outside and watch the herd of Roosevelt Elk that come graze in the evenings. Staff was super friendly ! Lots of places to eat nearby and a close drive to MRNP. Would definitely stay here again !

Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank Tricia A
Reviewed 18 August 2020 via mobile

When I arrived home from vacation I called Debby, the person in charge of HC Lodging complaints. I voiced my concerns about the manager Cindy at the Cowlitz Lodge. To start this inn was offering breakfast by having granola bars in a community bowl that everyone just reaches into. Debbys reply was no it was to be in a logo marked bag with bottled water. Then I proceeded to tell her as I sat outside a motorcycle pulled up, friends of the manager. Long story short she gives them a door key card and lets them use this rooms bathroom before they leave. I was appalled that no one returned to clean that bathroom afterwards. This made me feel that I could not trust this establishments cleaning procedures. We drove to the local grocery store to buy alcohol and santized our own room. When I spoke with Debby she said this room (107 by the way) did not have a bed in it. But she should have gone in to clean it after, but this woman has had a hard life. Not sure what that has to do with her covid cleaning procedures. What about the next person that goes in there. She asking me what I would like her to do. I said I would appreciate a refund for that nights stay. Her reply was" I Figured". She also preached to me about how expensive it is now to clean rooms and I should appreciate that. I do appreciate that, I have posted rave reviews for places that do a good job. I could tell she was put off by my request. I responded as a thank you for her assistance I would refrain from any negative postings. Just so she addressed the issue. She took my info and promised a refund. 8 hours later she calls me and tells me she is not processing a refund, she felt like she was held hostage. Rather than upset myself listening to this angry person on the phone I hung up just after she said post anything you want. I guess the poor management didnt end at the Cowlitz Lodge, it continued up the ladder at HC Lodging as well.
Sorry I stayed there and would never suggest to anyone I know to stay there either. Apparently $140 is too much for them to give up, and that's ok I think they need it more.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 19 August 2020

Please let me begin by saying that there are no truths what so ever to this review. You were told that 107 (which has a employee's only sign on the door) was not even a guest room, that this is the housekeepers bathroom, yet you still put this in your review. Our cleaning protocols are above reproach and it takes our staff an hour per room to complete the intense and rigorous sanitization and cleaning - to assure our incoming guests that their stay with us will be safe. You wanted a refund or you were going to leave a bad review. Our reviews speak for themselves.

Reviewed 14 August 2020

If you are in hospitality and serve the general public, leave your political opinion out of view. There was a golf cart used by the lodge with Trump sign parked right outside the registration office. I have strong political opinions also but I don’t foist mine on everyone around me. The older lady checking us in did her bare minimum job without a single smile in the 4 interactions we had with her. The most relevant complaint though is the property is unclean. There is an unpleasant room smell. I thank my lucky stars that I don’t have a sensitive nose. My nose had to readjust to the faint smell of urine every time I stepped out of the room. Do not do the laundry here either. You walk through an unaired room that holds 2 refrigerators and an ice machine that puts out a lot of heat. The inside of the right side of the door has cobwebs and lots of dead bugs. This room also has no motion-activated light function. By night time, the room was pitch dark and you have to walk in darkness to reach the connected laundry room. Thank goodness there is light here to see all the trash that litters the floor. The sheets were also rough. The Lodge looks ok on the outside but did not deliver in comfort for guests.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank drbackpain
Management response:Responded 19 August 2020

I am sorry that you stay was less than perfect here at the Lodge. 1st - The golf cart that you saw parked here is not owned by the Cowlitz River Lodge, and yes everyone is entitled to their own political opinion whether it be a bumper sticker, tshirt, hat, ect., that is each and every persons right. We do not judge anyone for their beliefs. #2 - The lady at the desk would never be rude and of course you would never have seen a smile due to the mandates set forth by our state that require wearing a mask at all times. #3- Our rooms are completely santitize every single time a room is vacated - it take approximately 1 hour to thoroughly disinfect and clean each room so that the incoming guest is assured a spotless and germ free environment. #4 - We only use high quality thread count sheets in all our rooms and they are replaced as they wear. #5 - The guest laundry - I personally clean this room and see to it that it is sanitized. I went down to see the "cobwebs & bugs" and litter on the laundry room floor - There was absolutely no cobwebs at all behind the door, on the walls, anywhere...and definitely no bugs.. The litter on the floor - - a bottle cap and a small piece of paper next to the garbage can that I did indeed pick up. The light switch is immediately inside the door that will turn on the lights in the ice room and then the laundry room light switch is immediately inside the laundry room door. I again am sorry your stay was not to your liking and we do hope to have you stay with us again in the future. Thank you - Management

Reviewed 19 June 2020 via mobile

We originally booked at the Crest Trail Lodge but it wasn't going to be open so we were moved here. This is really just a motel, all the rooms open directly to the parking lot. That being said the room was clean, there was a fridge and a microwave. The shower was roomy and powerful. The bed was a bit on the firm side and the pillows were thick. Our original reservation included a breakfast but we were told due to the Covid thing they were not serving a breakfast. We completely understand but, personally, I think they could have offered a grab and go bag with a granola bar and a piece of fruit. It would have been appreciated. Every place we had stayed for the previous 7 nights had done that.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2019

Cozy, rooms are immaculate and staff was really great. Internet was descant in the rooms and the lobby/lounge area. It is a great location for hiking and Packwood is quaint little town. Coming back soon.

Date of stay: October 2019