All reviews fire pit get away third floor hot tub murphy bed condo unit living room full kitchen view of the ocean visiting ocean shores short walk to the beach hide a bed we've stayed home away from home floor room olympic peninsula nice room
Reviewed 20 March 2018

I can't remember how many times we have stayed at the Grey Gull. It is our go to place since the 70's. The staff is very friendly and they make you feel like you are part of what goes on at all times. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the location is great and if you need it, coffee and tea in the lobby along with daily newspaper. We love the wildlife and the grounds and paths to the beach are kept up beautifully. Enjoy the deer strolling through the grounds and the bird life. Tracy at the front desk was especially helpful as we tried to navigate through our "smart TV." We will be back.

Room Tip: All rooms and views are excellent.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
ggmanager, General Manager at Grey Gull, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you so much for continuing to choose The Grey Gull! All of us here appreciate you making us your preferred hotel in Ocean Shores for so long. I feel very fortunate to have Tracy as one of my team leaders. She is an excellent role model and really sets the standard for Guest Service. I'll share your kudos with her. Thank you, again, and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Forgot our beach chair and was just saying how stupid I was to forget it and Jackie (house keeper) said, "You can use mine." I just want everyone to know that this is the greatest place, everyone is so nice and very quick to help you solve any problems you may have no matter how small. LOL! Jackie is the greatest! She went above just being an employee. Everyone is great! Thanks so much for a great get away.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
ggmanager, General Manager at Grey Gull, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Thank you very much for sharing this experience! Jackie just rejoined our team after a brief absence, and we could not be happier. She's an exceptional leader and genuinely cares about our guests. We are lucky to have her, and I'm so pleased that she helped to make your stay great! We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

We arrived there for my Wife's Birthday on Sunday afternoon, it was nice and quiet all Sunday.Then we started hearing a lot of banging on the walls and hammering at 9:00am. Below our room Monday morning and it didn't let up until 4:30pm.Then on Tuesday they started at 8:30 am. we decided to check-out. We weren't happy about the situation,because management did nothing about it.

Room Tip: The room was very nice
Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank DOUGLAS W
ggmanager, General Manager at Grey Gull, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I sincerely apologize for the noise disturbance. Upon investigating this issue, I did not find that you informed the front desk or me. Please correct me if this is not the case. When the front desk ,or myself, is notified of a complaint, we do our best to make appropriate accommodations to resolve the problem while our guests are still in house. We did have units being updated that week with new flooring, and our contractors are given hours within which they are allowed to do their work. We certainly do not want any of our guests to depart early due to dissatisfaction! However, we also do not want to discourage any of our owners from making upgrades to their units. It is a delicate balancing act to ensure that we have up-to-date accommodations while maintaining guest satisfaction, and sometimes, disturbances are unavoidable as hard as we try. I appreciate your feedback, and I hope that we have the opportunity to host you in the future.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

My husband and I regularly visit the Grey Gull and love going there. The staff is very accommodating and Tracy at the front desk is amazing! We have never been disappointed on one of our trips. We look forward to going back next month!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review! I appreciate Tracy's acknowledgement, as well! She works so hard every, single day, but she makes it all look easy. Thank you for continuing to choose our hotel! We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 28 February 2018

We stayed at the Grey Gull over the weekend and had a wonderful time. The room was just beautiful and big enough to enjoy 10 of our friends at one time. We had several rooms and everyone was delighted with the accommodations.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you, Susan! We so appreciate your comments about your experience. It's great to see that you and your party had a great time. I hope we have the opportunity to have you all back with us soon!