All reviewsroom was cleansausagewestern hotelsfull kitchenplace to staywafflesfresh fruitparking areashower headindoor pooldesk clerkno elevatorpotatoesfirst floorroad tripwaffle makerbw
Reviewed 23 June 2018

This Best Western location is fine. Nothing fancy but nothing really wrong with it either. The front desk staff was great, both when I called to make my reservation and when checking in. They were friendly and knowledgeable. This is an older building and lacks an elevator. Please be aware if mobility (or just a lot of suitcases) may be an issue.

The rooms were also fine. Nothing spectacular. One thing I tend to judge hotels by is their shower curtain. I know, it's silly, but I HATE it when a flimsy curtain sticks to my legs. This hotel had one of those cruddy curtains.

The room had AC and it needed it the day I was there. I was quite grateful for that, it was hot! The bed was comfortable and spacious enough. Parking was a bit limited, I had to park in the very rear of the building.

Breakfast was hot and fresh and there was a staff member on call if needed. She was doing a great job.

Room Tip: This is a two story hotel without an elevator, ask for a first floor room if you don't want to climb.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2018

This is a decent Best Western with clean rooms and very good service. The location is so-so, the breakfast and parking are adequate. The problem is the $30 pet fee............Really? Those of you who travel with a pet understand that hotels charge $15-$20 per night for a pet. I get it. $30 is just too much. The Guest House Inn and Suites, over in the shopping center (With much better parking by the way) charges $15.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2018

The Best Western in Kelso is an average motel like many of the brand. Rooms are average size; beds are comfortable. It's a very clean place. Parking is good. The breakfast is Excellent - a full breakfast with lots of choices - yeah for oatmeal, not instant! Staff is very friendly and overall it's a good place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2018

Clean and comfortable rooms in an older Best Western. Well kept and maintained and excellent, helpful staff. Great breakfast items and choices, easy parking and easy to find. Great prices for the area and would not hesitate to stay here again. Very easy to visit Mount St Helens from here.

Room Tip: We were on the I5 side and with the window open we heard it. Not too loud.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom W
Reviewed 20 May 2018

We arrived in Kelso without a reservation for the night and thought we would get a price here. Their last room (we didn’t realize Kelso was a destination location) was $93.00 for 2 adults and $30.00 for our dog!!
We passed, we are taking a stand against properties that gouge travellers who travel with their dog. It is beyond me why there is a charge to begin with (extra cleaning? HAH!) as rooms should be cleaned to a high standard to begin with and not only after a dog has been in the room.
If you’re traveling with you pup pass on this old property and look around town. We found a great pet friendly property that didn’t charge a cent for the dog.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple