Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$121
Hotels.com
Priceline
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
Expedia.comUS$121
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 April 2021

The curtains in the room look like they've never been clean that was the first thing that I noticed. The second thing that pissed me off about this stay was the police that knocked on my door 30 minutes after I check in and said there was a report of suspicious activity coming from my room granted the officers were doing there job. But the lady at the front desk made that phone call while I was waiting to check in way to make your guests feel at home and to top it all off the next day when I went to check out I found out my charge card had been charged 120.99 which is the cost of one night stay when I had already paid cash and was told that the card would only be charged the $75 for incidentals which was a deposit this happen on the 9th it is now the 14th and I still do not see it reflected in my account that the refund that they assured me was happening went through now when I call I get no answer I called twice phone continues to ring the last person I spoke to was Samantha that was on the 12th.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Guest Services, Guest Services / Front Office at Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2021

Dear Scott,
It's always our goal to ensure a fantastic stay for every guest. We apologize that you had these concerns during your visit and that you feel there has been a mistake with your final billing. Due to the current climate, we have had a high number of calls which may explain why it's taken longer than normal for a team member to get back to you. We're sorry for the inconvenience.
Please consider reaching back out to us so that we can speak with you and clear up any confusion.

Reviewed 28 March 2021 via mobile

There seem to be a lot of negative reviews for this place....but we thought it was just fine. The staff made a late night check in very easy. They were friendly and professional and offered a choice of rooms. I appreciated how seriously they are taking Covid- with lots of signs and reminders for mask wearing a social distancing throughout the hotel. Every part of the hotel we saw was very clean. The room was just fine. Exactly what I’d expect for an older Red Lion in a small town. Everything was in working order- it’s just a little dated. The location is near the local mall with plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. If it were Covid times they’d have a restaurant/bar, fitness center, and outdoor pool/hot tub available. It’s not a five star resort, but for a night or two on the road at a decent price it will be just fine. ‍♀️

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2021

Easily seen from the freeway, it's clear that the Red Lion in Kelso, WA, was once the gem of hotel accommodations in the area. However, entering the parking lot it becomes almost immediately clear that when this property was tops, Barry Manilow was in the Top-40.

Staff was friendly and helpful, which gave me hope. But my room smelled stale, and my eyes were immediately drawn to some sort of smudge of (what I pray was) cream or lotion just splotched on the wall at eye level just inside the door. I've included pictures, and I really don't want to speculate what it might be, but it's the first thing your eye sees entering through the door...how could cleaning staff miss that?

A quick inspection of the room revealed a number of detractors, including one of my pet peeves - the popcorn ceiling. Those haven't been used since probably the late 1980s, and to see them in hotels immediately tells me it hasn't been renovated in decades. Further in, I found the chair covered with filthy stains, the curtains spotted with holes, the valance hanging with staples exposed, and some sort of disgusting stain on the bed skirt that looked as if someone had rolled over and thrown up. Finally, the pillowcases didn't fully cover the pillows and I could plainly see stains on those as well.

I would not stay here again, and I hope other travelers consider the same until some significant improvements are made.

Date of stay: March 2021
Guest Services, Guest Services / Front Office at Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2021

We appreciate you leaving us your thoughts on your recent visit and are sorry to hear that we didn't live up to your expectations. Had we known that you were not satisfied with your room, our friendly team would have been happy to accommodate you accordingly. Rest assured, housekeeping is looking into the general untidiness you experienced, and we hope for another chance to impress you the next time you're in Kelso.

Reviewed 23 January 2021 via mobile

My husband stayed here for 3 weeks for work. Had a hard time scheduling room cleanings. It took several days to get it done after being asked several days in a row. Just the overall customer service is not good. We would not recommend staying here if you need an extended stay.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Guest Services, Guest Services / Front Office at Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2021

Dear Kari,
We are sorry to see your husband did not enjoy his visit. It should be noted that our housekeeping routine has changed due to the pandemic. Nonetheless, your comments will be kept in mind. Thank you for your time and all the best.

Reviewed 1 November 2020 via mobile

Very dissapointed in the red Lion. We veered from our normal hotel and I regret it very much. The front desk clerk was very nice but our room had candy wrappers and clothing tags on the floor, there was someones old food in the microwave, and we had ants in the bathroom. Won't stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Guest Services, Guest Services / Front Office at Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2020

Dear Christina,
It is upsetting to hear about your disappointment with your experience. Please accept our apology for our housekeeping shortfalls and the appearance of pests. We are capable of much better, and we will have the respective teams address these matters right away. We want nothing more than a chance to make this up to you when you return to the area.