Lowest prices for your stay
US$132
SAVE US$29
PricelineUS$132
Expedia.comUS$132
HurbUS$137
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 March 2021

Easily seen from the freeway, it's clear that the Red Lion in Kelso, WA, was once the gem of hotel accommodations in the area. However, entering the parking lot it becomes almost immediately clear that when this property was tops, Barry Manilow was in the Top-40.

Staff was friendly and helpful, which gave me hope. But my room smelled stale, and my eyes were immediately drawn to some sort of smudge of (what I pray was) cream or lotion just splotched on the wall at eye level just inside the door. I've included pictures, and I really don't want to speculate what it might be, but it's the first thing your eye sees entering through the door...how could cleaning staff miss that?

A quick inspection of the room revealed a number of detractors, including one of my pet peeves - the popcorn ceiling. Those haven't been used since probably the late 1980s, and to see them in hotels immediately tells me it hasn't been renovated in decades. Further in, I found the chair covered with filthy stains, the curtains spotted with holes, the valance hanging with staples exposed, and some sort of disgusting stain on the bed skirt that looked as if someone had rolled over and thrown up. Finally, the pillowcases didn't fully cover the pillows and I could plainly see stains on those as well.

I would not stay here again, and I hope other travelers consider the same until some significant improvements are made.

Date of stay: March 2021
Guest Services, Guest Services / Front Office at Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2021

We appreciate you leaving us your thoughts on your recent visit and are sorry to hear that we didn't live up to your expectations. Had we known that you were not satisfied with your room, our friendly team would have been happy to accommodate you accordingly. Rest assured, housekeeping is looking into the general untidiness you experienced, and we hope for another chance to impress you the next time you're in Kelso.

Reviewed 23 January 2021 via mobile

My husband stayed here for 3 weeks for work. Had a hard time scheduling room cleanings. It took several days to get it done after being asked several days in a row. Just the overall customer service is not good. We would not recommend staying here if you need an extended stay.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Guest Services, Guest Services / Front Office at Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2021

Dear Kari,
We are sorry to see your husband did not enjoy his visit. It should be noted that our housekeeping routine has changed due to the pandemic. Nonetheless, your comments will be kept in mind. Thank you for your time and all the best.

Reviewed 1 November 2020 via mobile

Very dissapointed in the red Lion. We veered from our normal hotel and I regret it very much. The front desk clerk was very nice but our room had candy wrappers and clothing tags on the floor, there was someones old food in the microwave, and we had ants in the bathroom. Won't stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Guest Services, Guest Services / Front Office at Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2020

Dear Christina,
It is upsetting to hear about your disappointment with your experience. Please accept our apology for our housekeeping shortfalls and the appearance of pests. We are capable of much better, and we will have the respective teams address these matters right away. We want nothing more than a chance to make this up to you when you return to the area.

Reviewed 14 October 2020

So they charge multiple times I have so many pending charges management sucks starting from Angela white lady with blond hair to all the other ones. Multiple pending charges due to their errors. And they just told us oh the pending charges would go back to normal. They all was rude and bad attitudes from Angela to the black girl who I asked to run an entire week payment instead of daily . And asked if I had sufficient funds... . Went to speak to manager and also had a bad attitude. Sheets didn’t get changed unless we asked for them to do so. Non smoking rooms and somehow every other room made our room smell like a club. Back doors didn’t work, so we had to go around unless the door was been hold my a rock.. but just their inability to explain why they was charging us so much. Owner if you see this you need to fix your management! Everyone there was not satisfied everyone was complaining.this place sucks .

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Guest Services, Guest Services / Front Office at Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2020

We are grateful that we had the opportunity to host you during your time in town; however, we are very sorry that your visit was not as comfortable as it should have been.
Your billing concerns are quite unusual, and we ask that you reach out to us at your earliest convenience if these have not been resolved.
It's always our goal to deliver a comfortable stay. Please accept our apologies for the ways in which we fell short this time around. We know that we can deliver a more enjoyable experience than this, and it's our hope that you will consider joining us again in the future so that we can prove it.

Reviewed 30 September 2020

This is by far the worst place I have stayed in the last 6 months from here to Mississippi. The beds were all lumpy, the chair has a big black stain on it I would never sit on it, the drain plug was left out on the side of the tub and was dirty, there were ants on the phone. I told the front counter guy about and he got upset and said _uck three times angry and then offered me some bug spray. Plus we were greeted by 4 weed smoking guys out front. Nice place. Don’t stay unless absolutely necessary

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Guest Services, Guest Services / Front Office at Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2020

We are saddened to see your comments. We apologize you were not impressed with your room and if our service was not excellent as well. Your experience is not one we typically hear, and we hope that we can have a chance to change your perceptions and provide the stay you deserve. All the best and safe travels.