Lowest prices for your stay
FindHotel
US$110
View deal
Free cancellation until 21/10/09
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Travelocity
HurbUS$114
All reviews guest house grocery store mini kitchen parking lot waffles within walking distance clean hotel breakfast bar would stay here again front desk staff free breakfast off the highway mall lobby target longview cereal
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 March 2019

The rooms
GuestHouse Inn & Suites are spacious, comfortable and very clean. Particularly noteworthy are the beautiful green carpets, which are in much better condition than most carpets in similar hotels.

The complementary breakfasts are tasty, with scrambled eggs, sausage, gravy, waffles, toast, muffins, bagels, cereals, fruit, juices, coffee and tea, just to mention some of their offerings. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and unusually flexible with special needs.

GuestHouse Inn & Suites has become our go-to place to stay in the Kelso-Longview are

Room tip: Tell the desk clerk about your interests, and they can make a suggestion. They helped me.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tawny501k, General Manager at GuestHouse Kelso Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2019

Thank you for such a kind review. Our guests are important to us, we work hard to try and accommodate special requests so your stay is as relaxing and stress free as possible. Your kind words help for us to see that we are still working hard everyday at these goals.

We hope you come and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 10 November 2018

The Guesthouse Inn and Suites may be located, strangely, in the middle of a shopping complex, but it proved to be a very worthy hotel for our stop in Longview for visiting nearby Mount St Helens.

Staff were friendly upon arrival and we were quickly up to the very large and spacious room. The rooms were very well appointed considering the great value rates the hotel charges. Free Wi-Fi was also provided and worked well.

The only disappointing part of the stay was the breakfast the following morning. The choice available was fairly limited and we found the quality to be lacking. However, the breakfast was at least complementary with the stay.

Overall, it was a decent stay but some room for improvement at breakfast.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tawnyk10, Manager at GuestHouse Kelso Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2018

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and the local amenities.

Reviewed 10 November 2018

The property is clean, rooms fairly spacious. The staff were very helpful. I inadvertently booked for the wrong date. Kayla at the front desk worked it through and then switched rooms as the one I apparently booked had two bunk beds which were not needed by me, anyway. Nothing bad, breakfast is what has become the norm for properties in this range. I just wish that I sold the “we are everywhere” waffle makers to hotels across the land.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Luigi T
Tiffany501k, Front Office Manager at GuestHouse Kelso Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2018

We are pleased to see that your stay was pleasant and that the staff was accommodating. Thank you for taking time to review the property. (For what it's worth, I, too, have wondered if I should be in the waffle maker business.)

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Room size is good, everything seemed relatively new and undamaged. Staff were helpful and pleasant.

Plenty of parking. No noticeable noise from other rooms.

Overall definitely one of the best hotels in this price bracket.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank cannotenteraname
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

The GuestHouse is conveniently located near the freeway. From the exterior and the lobby, it doesn’t present a welcoming sight. However, our room was spacious, clean and quite nice. The tub and sink in the bathroom were showing signs of wear and need to be upgraded. The continental breakfast is like most hotel chains with a fair selection of items.

We did experience a problem during our stay which is the reason for the one star rating. I wish there were a zero star option.

While we were out during the day, a staff member entered our room and took our iPhone and iPad chargers. When we returned, we reported the theft and the front desk clerk. She found the iPhone charger but not the one for the iPad. The next morning I went to the front desk to see if it was found. It wasn’t so I asked for reimbursement. The clerk said she would need to contact her manager. The manager wouldn’t authorize the reimbursement and said she’d call me first thing the following morning. I asked that since we were leaving could she come in to deal with it, but she refused. After several days I had not heard from anyone so I contacted the local police to report the theft. The police contacted the hotel and shortly after I received a call from the GM. She told me the charger had been loaned to another guest who had forgotten theirs and they had returned it. I asked if she saw anything wrong with taking our property without permission to loan to someone else. She didn’t. Her excuse was that they thought we had checked out even though our luggage and other personal items were still in the room. I received the charger and cable in the mail a couple of days later and saw that the cable was damaged so I called the GM. She said that was the way it had been returned and felt that it was not their responsibility to replace it.

Not once did I ever receive an apology from the GM for the taking of our property without permission nor an admission that they had done anything inappropriate.

I have written a letter to the Red Lion corporate office and am waiting to hear if they agree with their GM’s position.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple