Lowest prices for your stay
US$110
Free cancellation until 21/06/25
Expedia.comUS$110
Agoda.comUS$93
HurbUS$114
All reviews guest house grocery store mini kitchen parking lot waffles within walking distance clean hotel breakfast bar would stay here again front desk staff free breakfast off the highway mall lobby target longview cereal
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 November 2018

The property is clean, rooms fairly spacious. The staff were very helpful. I inadvertently booked for the wrong date. Kayla at the front desk worked it through and then switched rooms as the one I apparently booked had two bunk beds which were not needed by me, anyway. Nothing bad, breakfast is what has become the norm for properties in this range. I just wish that I sold the “we are everywhere” waffle makers to hotels across the land.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Luigi T
Tiffany501k, Front Office Manager at GuestHouse Kelso Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2018

We are pleased to see that your stay was pleasant and that the staff was accommodating. Thank you for taking time to review the property. (For what it's worth, I, too, have wondered if I should be in the waffle maker business.)

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Room size is good, everything seemed relatively new and undamaged. Staff were helpful and pleasant.

Plenty of parking. No noticeable noise from other rooms.

Overall definitely one of the best hotels in this price bracket.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank cannotenteraname
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

The GuestHouse is conveniently located near the freeway. From the exterior and the lobby, it doesn’t present a welcoming sight. However, our room was spacious, clean and quite nice. The tub and sink in the bathroom were showing signs of wear and need to be upgraded. The continental breakfast is like most hotel chains with a fair selection of items.

We did experience a problem during our stay which is the reason for the one star rating. I wish there were a zero star option.

While we were out during the day, a staff member entered our room and took our iPhone and iPad chargers. When we returned, we reported the theft and the front desk clerk. She found the iPhone charger but not the one for the iPad. The next morning I went to the front desk to see if it was found. It wasn’t so I asked for reimbursement. The clerk said she would need to contact her manager. The manager wouldn’t authorize the reimbursement and said she’d call me first thing the following morning. I asked that since we were leaving could she come in to deal with it, but she refused. After several days I had not heard from anyone so I contacted the local police to report the theft. The police contacted the hotel and shortly after I received a call from the GM. She told me the charger had been loaned to another guest who had forgotten theirs and they had returned it. I asked if she saw anything wrong with taking our property without permission to loan to someone else. She didn’t. Her excuse was that they thought we had checked out even though our luggage and other personal items were still in the room. I received the charger and cable in the mail a couple of days later and saw that the cable was damaged so I called the GM. She said that was the way it had been returned and felt that it was not their responsibility to replace it.

Not once did I ever receive an apology from the GM for the taking of our property without permission nor an admission that they had done anything inappropriate.

I have written a letter to the Red Lion corporate office and am waiting to hear if they agree with their GM’s position.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Fisheggs44
Reviewed 7 September 2018

We were on our road trip to Kelso, but had a tire blow out on the way. We were towed to a tire store (thanks, AAA!) and had to replace two very expensive tires on our SUV. By this time, it was time for lunch, so we ate and decided our trip was over. As soon as we arrived in the door, I called the Guesthouse Inn to cancel our room and explained why. I was thanked for called and told I would be charged for tonight because I missed the deadline to cancel. So, our trip was even more expensive than already experienced and we never got to Kelso. Will not stay at Guesthouse in the future. Be warned.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank R5216ESlindac
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Front desk staff very helpful.
Booked via phone for $150.per night plus tax.
It was last minute. So we got fleeced.

Also after breakfast when we returned to the room around 10.45 am our keys were locked. Had to go to the reception to reactivate them.looked like a security feature nearing check out time.

Free parking, Wi-Fi and continental breakfast.

Will not go again.