“Mediocre except for the nasty table”
Review of The In Place

The In Place
Ranked #8 of 22 Restaurants in Forks
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed 24 June 2018

The first thing we noticed was the grunge that I scraped off the table with my thumbnail. Had we not been with a tour group, we would have walked out in record time. Obviously, the table hadn't been wiped down with detergent in way too long. Service was spotty and seemed to consist of people running around duplicating effort. The food wasn't very good. My chili was barely lukewarm and my Reuben sandwich was made with some kind of Velveeta-like cheese. My wife's nachos came with shredded cheese instead of melted, jalapenos, and not much else. I asked for Tabasco whereupon the server went in to the bathroom, came back out and went to a couple of other tables, then noticed me waving and came through with the goods. The décor is probably supposed to be rustic but comes across as tacky.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

The In Place has a GREAT prime rib. Out of this world and perfectly done! Also nice people and great environment!

Reviewed 23 June 2018

We had a nice dinner here. The food was good, the service was good and the prices were reasonable. My wife had Red Rock fish and I had a chicken fried steak. For dessert, my wife had cherry pie. She said it was really good. I had blackberry pie. Also good.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

This is the best Breakfast option in Forks, and it's a nice local taste, too. The staff were laid back and friendly, everyone seemed to know each other and our breakfast was good. Our hashbrowns weren't cooked all the way but this wasn't a big enough deal for us to feel the need to say anything, and there was enough food on our plates that we were stuffed when we left anyway.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Had breakfast here a couple of times while staying at the motel next door. Decent food and prompt service, no complaints.

Been to The In Place? Share your experiences!