All reviews rosario resort moran mansion cascade bay outdoor pool mansion restaurant christopher peacock organ concert the general manager main building orcas island harborside building bayside room cascade grill king room hillside room rich history old mansion
Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

So quite and peaceful place. Our room was very clean and well maintained. The exterior could use some work but its pristine on the inside. We were celebrating our anniversary and I was blown away how my special requests was put into place. The Mansion Restaurant had an excellent service, food was great could have offered more options on veggies and starch. Other than that it was a very pleasant experience! We would definitely go back again if we're in town!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

We just kind of stumbled in on this place while tooling about Orcas Island. Had one of the best gin and tonics of my life and then enjoyed a musical journey via a 1900 Steinway piano. Some of the most beautiful music I have ever heard in my life. Can't wait to stay there for a few days.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2016

Overall it was a great visit, the staff were very attentive on the whole. We asked for the lights to be fixed on the walkway to the Roundhouse Suite maintenance had not fixed the lights - It is not safe especially when we are not familiar with the pathway. Now let's get to the menus! Dinner on the first evening cost us $90, we ordered fish and chips and baby back ribs! Neither my husband or I had eaten anything so tough or dry, this was for both dishes, we ordered dessert in hopes to salvage the meal, well even the cobbler had cold pockets!!! NOT IMPRESSED at all! The breakfast however, WELL DONE!! I would like to say, that there are some of us, that do not have sophisticated pallet! I watched a couple of families with children look at the bar menu - they were not impressed at all -- really pizza with goat cheese!!! We stayed at the Roundhouse Suite, which on the whole was very nice. Please you have to do do something with the television arrangement! Is there any reason in this day and age to have two televisions one in the bedroom and the other in the living room - you have to watch the same station albeit whether you are in the same room!!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2016

My fiancé and I just had a 4 day 3 night stay. We had a hillside king room. It had a fireplace, kitchenette, TV, Bed and deck with a view. Very nice and quiet. Our view was AMAZING. The bathroom is bigger than the room itself. We had an updated room and we were very happy with it.

The food was ok. We had a nice dinner but the scallop and octopus were very dry. Fantastic service at the restaurant, the food was just so-so.

I had 2 wonderful massages, and my fiancé had one. these were so relaxing. They were help in the mansion's upstairs rooms. Fireplaces burning during massages with views of the ocean. What's not to love? The Inn itself is a little run down, but it's on a small island and an old Inn. It's not luxury but it's very relaxing

Room tip: Hillside has best views
Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2016 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights on out sailboat with our 2 teenagers. We had a great time. The food at was great. And the indoor pool and hot tub are amazing. There is great movie/talk about the history, and they play the historic pipe organ. There is a small museum upstairs to browse through. There is great hiking in the area to enjoy as well. The marina can be very crowed in the summer and reservations are a must. One on my favorite places to visit. I have been serval times by boat and by car also. Always a great time.

Date of stay: August 2015