Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$185
PricelineUS$185
Expedia.comUS$185
CheapTicketsUS$185
Orbitz.comUS$185
TravelocityUS$185
All reviews mt st lone fir big foot game room close to home rv park stayed two nights another guest small refrigerator nice campground hiking trails helens cabin motel rvs trailer
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 September 2020

I stayed in one of the small log cabins to prepare for a summit up Mt St. Helen. The restaurant food was delicious, service was excellent and the cabin was clean and very comfortable. I also highly recommend the water massage for tired and sore muscles.

Date of stay: August 2020
B Bigfoot, Guest Services / Front Office at Lone Fir Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2020

We are glad you enjoyed your visit and hydrotherapy massage! We look forward to your return if you ever summit Mount Saint Helens again.

Reviewed 15 August 2020

We booked this location for a weekend of hiking. We stayed in one of the motel rooms, which I guess they call a cabin. Room had a small refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave. There was also a small T.V., a fan and air conditioner. The room was clean and the woman at the front desk was helpful. This is also a RV park. It is right off of the road. It was a bit overpriced, but seemed to be the only game in town. There are also only two choices for eating. Eating at this resort of the bar across the street. The prices in the Lone Fir Resort restaurant are way overpriced, but the food was decent. It was a good location for hiking trails. Walls are thin between rooms, FYI if you don't want people to hear your conversation.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank amy p
B Bigfoot, Guest Services / Front Office at Lone Fir Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2020

We are glad you enjoyed your stay here at Lone Fir! Like you stated, not all of our units are cabins: the unit you stayed in is one of the basic units that summit hikers usually just sleep in for a quick night before hiking the summit the next morning. We do have full cabins with kitchens and no thin walls as well! Some are two person cabins and one is a two story cabin that can sleep 12 people. We are at least one hour from Vancouver, Portland, or Longview in a small town of less than 100 people called Cougar. As a result, it takes time to ship product out here to sell in the cafe and the gift shop, resulting in higher prices. We are also the closest hotel to the south side of Mount Saint Helens. We hope you visit again to check out some more of the beautiful hikes here.

Reviewed 3 August 2020 via mobile

Poor rating of "1" is an understatement....Unbelievable is more like it, -10. Jeremy/claimed half owner, had a unhinged meltdown on Jul 24 in the evening, 1015pm and again at 1040pm and continued the next day starting at ~1130am - 1pm, Jul 25. Three groups of people who reserved two RV slots and the deluxe cabin (6) for Jul 24-26, checked in at ~5pm Jul 24. The three groups of people consisted of 6 adults, 3 children ages 9-11. The night of Jul 24, 1015pm after "Quiet Hours", Jeremy approached RV spot 26 and sternly advised occupants that corn hole is not allowed during quiet hours. All parties immediately ceased play. Everyone then sat around a camp fire at spot 26 and at 1040 were met again with a now visibly angered Jeremy. He stated "this is the second warning about noise after quiet hours and it won't be good if he has to come over again". This was a very disturbing encounter with the owner or by any employee for that matter, as to the tone in which he communicated along with his physical demeanor. At no time was the level of noise excessive for the campground environment for an average person enjoying group conversation. There was no yelling, banging, laughing or any other disrespectful noises. Remember, this is at night when the air is dead and noise carries for extremely long distances. The next day, Jul 25 at ~1130, Jeremy approached spot 26 with a typed letter and handed it to my wife and departed back to the office. Since my wife is an occupant of Cabin 6, she handed the letter to the female occupant of slot 26 while her husband was gone to a store 30 miles away. The contents of the letter stated the events from the night before were in violation of quiet hours and any further violations would be dealt with accordingly. I was handed the letter and decided to visit the office to ask what constitutes excessive noise during quiet hours or what is permissible outside the trailers around a camp fire during quiet hours for the upcoming evening. I entered the office and requested from a woman behind plexiglass at the front counter, to speak to someone about a letter that was received. Jeremy came out of a side office and immediately stated in a very loud voice, "What can I help you with sir"...I moved to the side of the plexiglass and asked if I could speak privately about the letter received to clarify the contents. Jeremy exploded verbally. "There is nothing to be said, this is not open for debate, quiet hours start at 10pm and that is the rule". He informed me the conversation was being video taped and to move away from the side of the glass and the conversation could occur right there at the main counter. I again stated I would like to discuss the letter....Jeremy, without exaggeration, was now yelling "this is not open for debate sir"...I asked him if he was okay. Jeremy then screamed counting backwards from 10...once at 7, I asked him what this was about. He said "you have until zero to get out of the office or I am going to call the Sheriff and the occupants of space 26 needed to leave or would be removed for trespassing". I stated I hoped he call the Sheriff so I could speak with him and review the threatened video Jeremy claimed he had. I left the office, went back to spot 26 and advised the female occupant they were ordered to leave by the owner. I then observed the owner had followed me, was standing on the gravel road in front of spot 26 with arms crossed telling the slot 26 folks they needed to pack their things and be gone by 1pm (current time was 1230pm) to include the occupants of slot 25 (where did that come from)...The female occupant was in shock by the entire event, all three children started crying do to the angered loud voice of Jeremy along with his aggressive stance. Wish I had more characters to write. Do not ever consider going to Lone Fir Resort. Jeremy clearly stated he knew he would get a bad review which was okay with him. Horrible person to stay away from.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank 362rogera
B Bigfoot, Guest Services / Front Office at Lone Fir Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2020

Our quiet time of 10pm is: clearly posted on the website under 'FAQ What you need to know', is on a written email confirmation and welcome letter before your arrival, and on the guest receipt that you sign during the check-in process. Two of our employees went to your spot after 10pm to tell you that you were being too loud, playing cornhole, and being disrespectful towards other guests. Quiet time means: inside voices sitting around a fire, not partying, playing cornhole, talking loudly, being drunk, etc. As a result of your group's refusal to follow the rules, one of our repeat Mount Saint Helens hikers wrote us a bad review and we had to comp their entire night. If you were being loud enough to bother a hotel guest you were being too loud, contrary to what you were writing in your review. Instead of going over to confront the group again to remind you of the rules the next morning, we placed a letter on the RV in question to tell them that they need to respect the quiet time. When you came over to the office to confront us about the letter you wanted to debate and argue the rules when there was no need for debate or even a discussion. Quiet time is an industry-standard for RV parks around the country. Rather than continuing to argue with you Jeremy told you to leave the office, which you refused to do at first, and he went over specifically to the people in the specific sites that were causing problems to inform them of the quiet time and that is when members from the problem RV spots started screaming at him! We have 3 other of our employees that witnessed this and when they wanted to continue to argue we told them they needed to leave. At this point, you are no longer guests of Lone Fir Resort when you disrespect our hard-working staff our staff about the rules and choose to not follow them. You and your friends are not special or exempt from the rules and all of this was unnecessary had your group just followed the rules at 10pm on the first night and been respectful of other guests. You are actually lucky that Jeremy allowed you to stay and gave your friends refunds for the nights they didn't use: our rules would have allowed us to evict you, your friends and not refunded anyone. As you can see by most of our other reviews Jeremy and his staff do an amazing job and the vast majority of bad reviews are by people just like your group that don't want to follow the rules, want to party, and feel entitled to argue. Thank you for the review as it will help set a clear expectation for future RV guests that this behavior is not tolerated and our rules are strictly enforced.

Reviewed 14 July 2020 via mobile

While searching for a memorable spot for our family to have a small reunion from 6/27- 7/2 before my father is no longer with us from stage 4 cancer. We choose Lone Fir Resort based on their website showing the use of a swimming pool, game room, playground and other amenities. After booking our spot we found out through a confirmation email a majority of their amenities were closed due to Covid policies. This is completely understandable, however- like most business’ it should be noted on their site what is open and what is not due to Covid. We booked and paid the full rate based on being able to use these amenities. I didn’t feel it was fair to pay full price when most everything is closed down. When I called and spoke to Johnathon (general manager) to work out a fair solution, he was very defensive and reluctant on giving any type of discount due to false advertising on their site or what is also called “bait and switch.” He even told me at one point he would return our four reservation spots and we could book else where, as if he didn’t care if he received our business or not. After a bit of talking he agreed to give us 10% off our stay. I thought that was a better option then canceling 4 family reservations and trying to rebooking elsewhere. I felt the 10% was a friendly gesture until I received his follow up email that basically was a slap in the face saying he was giving it to all the guest. Why put up such a fight if you are giving the discount to all the other guest as well. Ugh!

I would give this area a 5 star
While on their property check-in went well. We were directed to our spot. I enjoyed the 30 min hydro massage. I did have a lovely experience with Peggy who is at the front desk. She also answered all my questions professionally through email and gave great suggestions on things to do in the area. Very nice lady! Thank you Peggy!

All went well each night except our last night we were there. Lone Fir has a quiet down rule that starts at 10pm. We all agree, this is a great rule except how it was enforced by their EXTREMELY RUDE employee Kevin. He asked us to quiet down at 10pm, which we did. Fireworks were going off near by which made it hard to talk over. At 10:30 as our family member were grabbing their chairs and walking back to their campsites Kevin felt the need to return in a loud rude voice like we were children to “BE QUIET.” He rudely shushed my 65 year old mother and started yelling directly at my husband saying it was his third time over. When really it was his second time over. My husband told him, we understood the rules and that’s why our family was leaving and he needed to calm down. What Kevin also didn’t realize is our family has two hearing impaired family members who can’t hear well if not all. No one visited our site any of the other 5 nights we were there. I’m not sure why this night he had to be so rude. By him coming over and making a big scene he was much louder than we ever were being. Between him and Johnathon our only family reunion vacation experience wasn’t as good as it could have been. I honestly think Kevin’s loud rant was some type of power trip. Like I said, we agree with the quiet down rule, but didn’t care for the manner in how it was enforced by Kevin. My husband stayed up by himself by the fire until 12:30 and noticed two other campsites with large parties were being loud, but there was no Kevin to be seen at their site. If a rule is enforced for one site it should be enforced to all.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 580shylac
J Dilling, General Manager at Lone Fir Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2020

There are numerous errors in your review. First of all, we did give you a discounted rate for you and all of your friends of 10% off the entire stay, because the website did not stay that many amenities are closed. This is exactly what you asked for and no one else received this discount. We updated the website immediately afterwards. However, there has to be some common sense involved when booking in an RV park when we are in the middle of a pandemic and subject to government restrictions. We are not like Idaho where you all came from and are in a different COVID phase. Additionally, your group technically should not have even come across state lines without having to quarantine for two weeks, but I digress. If you did not like that all of the amenities were not available, you had to option at that moment during the phone call with me to receive full refunds and have the reservations out of the system. Instead you wanted to argue and attempt to set your own nightly price. Looking back we should have just cancelled all of your reservations and told you that you are not welcome. The last night your entire group was disrespectful to Kevin who told you numerous times to be quiet after our quiet time and that you were disturbing other guests. It's embarrassing that we even had to come over and ask to be quiet well over half an hour past the quiet time. Our staff including Kevin, Peggy and myself gives the guests a great experience, but when we are forced to go enforce the rules over and over after a long night we are not going to be the most friendly. In order to avoid this in any future visits to RV parks we suggest you completely read all of the rules and respect them rather than making excuses.

Reviewed 13 July 2020

We planned a small family reunion at Lone Fir on June 27th through July 1st. On our last night there we were all sitting around our camp fire and we were told to quiet it down in which we did. We were all saying our good byes when Kevin came around a camper and starting being belligerent. My son in law told him we were all saying good by and he said, I don't care what you are doing. I turned around as I was walking off and told him we were all leaving and he shushed me. I am 65 and don't appreciate being shushed by an immature guy that acted like he owned the place. Also everyone around us was up and around their campfires. In the parking lot next to us they were shooting off fireworks that sounded like bombs, so trust me no one was asleep. It was around 10:30 so one half hour past their quiet time. We also have two hearing impaired people that were in our group. He acted like he was one of those nasty people that just want to be in control. He could have handled it in such a better way. It ruined our trip and it was all any of us could think about as we were leaving the next morning. If you plan to stay here be aware of a guy named Kevin that spies on you as you sit around your camp fire.

Date of stay: June 2020
1  Thank WandaT759

The only reason why this ever happened is because your group was disrespecting our quiet time after 10pm and bothering other guests around you. This rule is not optional and it is strictly enforced. We are in the middle of a valley and sound will carry around the park quiet easily. Many of our guests are waking early in the morning for a Mount Saint Helens summit hike. While we can't control what happens outside the park, we definitely can control what happens inside the park. Any other group that was being loud and was asked to abide by the quiet time was respectful, and lowered their voices for other guests. After Kevin initially visited your site and began to walk away, you ignored him and continued to talk loudly. The shush would have never occurred had you just listened and respected the quiet time for others on the property. We appreciate reviews like this, because we take our quiet time seriously. We support all of our staff that have to ask difficult guests to be quiet.