“Good food and beer”

The Old Fishtrap Seafood and Spirits
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Chinook
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 15 July 2018

We have been told this was a good place to eat, so we gladly met our friends there for dinner. We were also warned it could be noisy at night, which also turned out to be true with happy regulars having a good time. A couple of us had beers, mine being a Guinness Stout on tap. For food, one had a burger (Trap Burger on menu), which is what he normally ordered there and likes. My wife had the Grilled Chicken with a salad. She was happy. The other two of us had one of the specials, Ling Cod Fish and Chips, which was quite good. Service was good and friendly.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

“ON THE ROAD WITH INDY JOE....”

“The Old Fishtrap Seafood & Spirits Tavern & Bar”

I was told by many locals that this quaint old tavern had the best Fish N’ Chips around. Having been built in 1911, in the tiny fishing village of Chinook, Washington, it has seen many owners and patrons, but the fish N Chips are superb. In Fact the fish are freshly caught by the local fishermen where the tavern gets them from - can’t get much fresher than that!
In sitting at my table, I overhear two fisherman talking about their crab pots and their catch for that day and in previous days.
I overhear another fisherman talking about his boat giving him trouble‘s and how he must overhaul his boat’s diesel engine.
My waitress Kelly, is all bubbly and smiles and talks about how the local people eat there and just come in after a hard days work fishing, just to drink, and unwind, for being a professional, commercial fisherman, is very hard work with many long hours at sea.
I can attest to this by the overheard conversations I was joyfully listening to.
What a rugged and wonderful tavern this is, and as I said before the Fish N’ Chips are fantastic!
Folks remember that the next time you have a fish dinner, it took many many hours and a lot of sweat to catch those fish so you may enjoy your dinner - my hats off to them and I thank these courageous hard working, fisherman!

1  Thank joescuba2000
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Want some really, really good fish and chips or fish tacos? This is the place, but it is plain and simple. No restrooms, cash only, take out only. Menu limited to fish tacos and fish and chips. But beyond those modest limits, the fish is fresh and in large portions of Tuna, Cod and Rock Fish. The rock fish is mild and tender in very large portions. Fries and cole slaw are the sides. It is well worth the trip to little downtown Hammond, just a few miles west of Warrenton, Oregon.

1  Thank kumtux
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Just a local pub with great food. Their prawns are the best. Decent prices, fantastic service. It is kind small.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

I write reviews when my experience is really good or really bad. Well tonight I have to talk of really bad.
I ordered a combo Louie which I have had several times before. Tonight 4 of us ordered it. Mine had crab shells. Several shells. I gave one of the larger pieces to our waitress and her response just floored me. “ you need to speak to the seafood supplier about that I can’t help” I told her that was not acceptable so she called the manager who said “oh we can give $5 off for the inconvenience” WOW I had stopped eating the salad. I wasn’t eating crab shells.
I am very upset at their response and hope I do some damage to their ratings. (One reviewer here said they went their because of the great reviews) if you are so greedy you don’t care about repeat business, just go on not correcting a issue properly and turning people away. I will not be back and am telling my friends also about how customer friendly you are not.