Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 September 2016

We camped here 2 years ago because it is the closest campground to Mt. St. Helens on Hwy. 505. It was a very nice campground. They had a small restaurant that had pretty good food, if you preferred not to cook at your campsite. There are no individual fire rings, which we really like to have; but, there is a community campfire. Also, the bathrooms are not plentiful.

We tried again this fall to camp there but never got a return phone call or email. So, we looked elsewhere.

Date of stay: September 2016
2  Thank Carolyn C
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

Mark and Dawn put every ounce of energy into their business and making sure their guests are happy. Love these folks ! They put up with me and my group of 20 high school students for many years. The kids were thrilled by the stories of life before, during and after the eruption. The hole down to the river was enthralling. We will be back some day. You can count on it!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2016

A resort were the Yurts are about $82.00 a night and cabins are close to $100.00 for one night. Quite expensive for no electricity, no private camp fire, and other comforts that are missing. Eco Park Resort rates are high and you don't get what you pay for.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
10  Thank summer256
Reviewed 15 September 2015

There are only two guys James Bond (yes, that's his real name) and Mark who maintain the property. It is about 28 miles away from Johnston Ridge Observatory and the closest place to the observatory. They have cabins, yurts and camp sites. We camped for one night and had a great time. Would definitely consider going again, probably during winter.

-> The property has a restaurant for breakfast(8-10 AM) and dinner(5-7 PM). We brought everything, so we didn't try their food, but Mark was pretty flexible cooking something special for us since we are vegetarians.
-> Camp site has a shared bathroom. It has a shower, toilet and wash basin inside. Very clean and maintained. It also has hot water from the propane tank and there is a light sensor when its dark.
-> An adventurous and may be a bit scary hike/trail very close to the camp site. Walk about 30-45 minutes and you will reach the river/mudflow. If you are lucky, you will see Elks and Deers. I left for hike at 7 AM alone and thought it was really scary because the forest was really dense and I could hear coyotes howling. No luck finding Elks, but I was told that other visitors spotted Elks a day earlier. BTW, we saw some deers crossing the roads at night while driving and have been to yellowstone before, so I wasn't personally excited to see Elks. Irrespective, the hike was adventurous.
-> We drove a couple miles towards Johnston Ridge Observatory, where there is a restaurant and a view point. Could see Milky way clearly and so many shooting stars. Jaw dropping view. That was, I think, the best part of overnight stay. Its really dark and away from lights, worth doing it once, if the sky is clear.

Mark and James were very helpful and available. They even suggested us helping us with the tent since we were camping for the first time. James also policed the area in case someone needed help. And there is a cell phone tower close to the property. I got ATT and 4 bars on my cell phone. I tried streaming youtube and it was smooth.

NOTE: Don't worry about coyotes or other wildlife. We were told that the area was really safe to walk alone. Coyotes don't hurt humans. And there hasn't been bear activity since last 12 years at least per owners.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2015

We had a great time at Eco Park Resort. We stayed in Cabin 5 - my husband, me, and our two kids (ages 2.5 and 6 months). It was clean and quiet. We really enjoyed talking to Mark and James. They really put their heart into everything, which was evident from the maintenance of cabins and bathrooms, the recommendations for local activities, and even the Mickey Mouse pancakes Mark cooked up for our son every morning. It was a real treat to stay here. A word to the wise - depending on time of year, bring the bug spray for the evening!

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
EcoParkResort, Owner at Eco Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2015

Hi Sarah & Family!
We are thrilled that you had a wonderful time with us!
Please join us again sometime.
We enjoyed your amazing family!
Take care!