Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 June 2019 via mobile

In travelling across the USA over the last 30 years we have stayed in some good B&Bs, one or two really great ones, but never one quite so peculiar.
Let’s start with the positives, it has absolutely great views of Silver Lake with Mt St Helens as the backdrop. It’s a nice, well appointed and well maintained property. It’s comfortable.
But, and there are a few buts, and the first is that it’s 5 miles outside Castle Rock and that means a 5 mile trip to eat and there really are very few places in which you can get a decent meal.
Next, the second B in B&B stands for breakfast. We were shown the kitchen and seating areas and told to help ourselves. To what? There was just one kind of cereal, some milk, some fruit (whole not prepared), some bagels, no bread, no English muffins, no butter, though there was a single pot of jam. There were the makings of tea and coffee. Oh, and there was a cookie jar. That’s it, DIY!
We’d had an email asking what time we’d check in. With 4 hours to drive, sights to see and traffic it was difficult to say, but I said mid to late afternoon. We arrived at 4.30.
It was soon clear why the manager wanted out arrival time. We checked in and were shown around, which was fine and then, less than 10 minutes after our arrival she was gone. We didn’t see her or another person until she returned at 8.45 next morning just as we were leaving.
All in all it was a bizarre experience.
Would we recommend? No. The only possible reason to stay at the Blue Heron B&B is to take in the wonderful view. But as we spent most of the time there sleeping, as people do at night, we reckoned we could get enough of the view from the nearby visitor centre - for free.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

I wish I could leave a nice review of our stay here, but unfortunately My wife and I ended up staying somewhere else.

I was having a slow internet connection, so rather then hassle with booking online I called the number listed on their website to make a reservation. It was 1:30 in the afternoon. The answering machine answered saying to leave a message, and I left a message saying we were interested in staying and asked for them to return my call leaving my name and number. Never heard back. We drove past during their check in time and didn’t see any cars, so I’m not really quite sure what the deal is with this place. Anyways, it looks like a nice place to stay, but didn’t work out for us.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kirk W
Reviewed 20 June 2018

My husband and I recently stayed at The Blue Heron Chateau , Castle Rock on a visit to Mt St Helens in Washington state. The room and Chateau were spotless and the owners were very hospital . Our room , on the first floor , had a direct view to Mt St .Helens .
Whilst the decor was little dated , the location of this property was perfect if you are visiting this area , in particular the Spirit Valley Hwy , Bear Meadow and the Johnston Observatory etc . Highly recommended .

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2017

My husband and I stayed here for two nights while visiting Mount St. Helens. This B&B is in a great location, on the main road heading to the mountain but set high above any traffic noise. From our window (all windows face the front) a gorgeous view of Mount St. Helens! The front hillside welcomed grazing deer in the morning and late afternoon. The inn is beautifully decorated, with many spots to relax and enjoy the view or to curl up and read. Breakfast was served buffet style each morning by the owner, who lives off-site but arrives early each day to prepare it. Different each day, always tasty. Our room was comfortable, as was the bed. There were other visitors each night we were there, but we saw them only at breakfast. It was extremely quiet. Be aware that there is no elevator and the rooms are located on the second and third floor. If you are planning a visit to this area, I highly recommend Blue Heron!

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We stayed just one night while visiting Mount St. Helen. Clean and comfortable and with the entire place to ourselves enjoyed relaxing in the common areas. Fabulous view of the mountain and the lake, deer roaming just outside our window. Owner's were very hospitable and cooked us a wonderful breakfast, prior to our day of hiking!

Date of stay: October 2017