“Taco Tues.”
Review of Jalapenos-Barkley

Jalapenos-Barkley
Ranked #171 of 485 Restaurants in Bellingham
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I went there on Taco Tues. and had the grilled halibut tacos and a margarita. It was a wonderful lunch. Will certainly go again and again!

Reviewed 13 June 2018

The Mexican food and service are predictably good here as they are for all Japapenos Mexican Restaurants. I love Mexican and Margaritas, they do both well.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

Nice warm serving of chips and salsa as soon as we sat down. Good beef burritos. Server was ok ... not that helpful though with the menu.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Good Margaritas, good Mexican. The food is pretty consistent and the service is usually good as well. Good little location in Barkley Village.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

I've eaten here before. It is usually ok food and pretty decent service. This time I was sat in this tiny hallway next to the bar, to my right a wall that sticks out so my shoulder is tight against it. To my left is a walkway for staff coming from the back, about 3 feet from that is a guy sitting at the bar who's butt is at my head height. If any management reads this you know exactly what table I am writing about, and should know that seating like this is a great way to lose a customer. Well I saw 4 empty tables on the way in, so I asked the server to move us some place not in the bar, we were seated between 2 empty tables near the hall way to the bathroom this time; some how an upgrade, but we had plans at 8 so we took the table.
When it came to the food, I got the potato burrito, it was boiled potatoes that must have then been rolled in salt and were entirely inedible. I spent most of the time picking them out of the burrito. About half way through, the server decided to pop by and see how we were doing, oh yeah. Hey I have an empty drink, no salsa and you know what is good on burritos, or is this just me....hot sause. Yeah bring that to the table with the food.
I won't be eating at this place again.

Been to Jalapenos-Barkley? Share your experiences!