“Great Location, Individually Owned Units”
Review of Wintergreen Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wintergreen
Wintergreen Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wintergreen
Reviewed 10 September 2017

My wife and I stayed one night here before hiking the three ridge trail (part of the AT). The trail head is a five minute drive from the resort, so the location was ideal for our trip.

The resort is located at one of the peaks of a ski resort. The mountain views are incredible. The overall feel of resort is great, however (as other reviews mention), the units are hit or miss. We booked through the resort, as opposed to Airbnb or Howeaway. Our unit had a great view, however it was a little beat up, and the fridge smelled a bit off. Still, the resort really is set away from everything and extremely relaxing. Several restaurants are within walking distance from the main lodge. Definitely recommend a stay, may be a better option to stay in a lodge room as opposed to an outlying condo. The ate the Copper Mill restaurant. Very good.

Room Tip: Try a lodge room, might be more consistent.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Director_Lodging, Director of Lodging at Wintergreen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Mark N

Thank you for your recent stay here at Wintergreen Resort and I am delighted your experience was favorable and you got to enjoy some hiking while you were here. It truly is a very scenic area and the temperatures were favorable this past weekend for doing so. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you about the specific unit that you stayed in so we can address the issues with condo with the owner of that unit. I am glad you enjoyed your dining experience at the Coppermine Restaurant. We hope you will return soon to the resort as the Fall is a spectacular time to hike at Wintergreen when we are in full peak of the leaves changing. If I can be of any assistance in future bookings, please do not hesitate to contact me at gtruslow@wintergreenresort.com, Geoff Truslow, Director of Lodging.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

I attended a summer wedding at Wintergreen resort. It is a beautiful location. Rental units are privately owned. Overall, I think the property is run down and needs some help. Warped floors, skimpy toiletries, and rooms were noisy. We stayed in the Lodge and we could hear ourselves walking around.
The staff was not very helpful when we requested an early check in.
I wanted to love the property but ......did not
Lots of good hiking trails. The nature center is nice and Jake is helpful. A very large outdoor pool and indoor pool. 3 outdoor hot tubs.
Make sure you venture up to the top of the mountain for the look out.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view - if that is what you want
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Spkieton

Thank you for your review and we appreciate our customer feedback as this allows us to see how we do not meet our customers expectations. If you would be so kind as to contact me about the unit that you stayed in so we can address the issues of the unit with the owner of that particular unit. I apologize that we were not able to accommodate an early check in for you on that particular day, but please know if we could have, we most certainly would have allowed you the opportunity to check into your unit. We do hope you will return in the near future and if there is anything I can do to assist in your planning, please do not hesitate to contact me at gtruslow@wintergreenresort.com, Geoff Truslow, Director of Lodging

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Overall it's a very nice place. It's a gamble on which unit you'll get and we got dumb lucky with 1945. It's the last unit on the ridge and the view is incredible...and we've spent time in the Smokey's. The facilities are nice but the upkeep is iffy. There were no working lights outside and the signage is confusing. The check-in parking area is woefully inadequate and poorly marked. The staff, however, was a cut above, at least in our stay. If you're bored when you stay here there's only one person responsible because the variety of activities is more than adequate.

Room Tip: The 1900 building is where we stayed on the n.e. corner
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ossenfogva

Dear Ossenfogva

Thank you for your recent stay here at Wintergreen Resort. We truly appreciate your comments about the resort and how much you enjoyed the incredible views from your unit. I also want to thank you for letting us know about the inadequate lighting outside of the accommodations, it has been reported and will get corrected immediately. We hope you will consider Wintergreen in the future should you be in the area. If there is anything we can do to assist with your bookings, please do not hesitate to ask our reservations specialist at the time of booking. Geoff Truslow, Director of Lodging

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Wintergreen Resort summer review for 1 bedroom condo at Laurelwood Condos. First let me start by saying my wife and I have been coming to Wintergreen for some years now during the summer and have loved the rooms and the service we have gotten. This time around we got here and to room was not to our liken at all, which is a problem because of you not knowing how the room is going to look off there website(its the same photo for all the rooms). You kind off cross your fingers when you first open the door. The room we had smelled which bothering my wife and was giving her migraine headaches. So called the front desk to talk to the manger(8/10/2017) and he could have cared less how on unhappy we were with the room and our experience so fare at there resort. He did not even try to come up with any solution for us at all, beside saying sorry don't have any other rooms bye and hung up the phone. I will not be staying here ever again and would advise not staying at the Laurelwood Condos, they do not have a view of anything you minds well be staying at any condo off the mountain and the are very out dated and small. The service has been better in the past but I do not feel that they were very good this time around being in the hospitality business myself you do whatever you can for people even when have little to offer and they did nothing.

One more thing, we went to the Edge restaurant and would not advise eating there if you are a picky eater. The food was not good at all for what they charge and again it smelled of old carpet and dirty dishes.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Director_Lodging, Director of Lodging at Wintergreen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Mr. Raylan F

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did not meet your expectation on what appears to be your second visit in 5 years from what our records show. We strive to meet our guest expectations and we do apologize for not being able to move you to a unit that would meet your expectation due to a large conference group in house that had a majority of our units. I reviewed your reservation and did not see any request prior to your arrival to indicate that you wanted a view unit. Generally midweek we can accommodate such request but unfortunately during this busy time we were unable to do so. I am happy to discuss with you your visit to Wintergreen to get some specifics on the booking of your reservation and what may or may not have been communicated to our reservation specialist that was missed and also to address the meal at The Edge restaurant. I welcome the opportunity to discuss with you your stay and I can be reached at gtruslow@wintergreenresort.com or 434-325-8212, Geoff Truslow, Director of Lodging

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We loved our condo on the ridge in Cliffs for the first night of our honeymoon! Excellent views and very nice condo, in general. We truly hated to leave and probably should have extended our stay! We enjoyed the hot tub at the spa and having a fireplace in our unit. Dinner was excellent at Devils Grill and we were catered to immensely.Truly one of the best hotel stays we've ever had, minus having to drive down to Black Rock to get some hot coffee ;-)

Room Tip: if you're looking for a view, middle of the ridge from Vistas, Cliffs, Overlook, High Ridge...th...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wintergreen
20.7 km away
19.0 km away
Iris Inn
Iris Inn
#1 of 4 in Waynesboro

Been to Wintergreen Resort? Share your experiences!