Reviews (1 583)
1 583 results
All reviews studio suite busch gardens breakfast staff the breakfast area room was clean waffles business center complimentary breakfast hot tub front desk staff indoor pool sofa bed very nice hotel richmond road would stay here again short drive fresh fruit
12 - 17 of 1 583 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited Williamsburg for work and stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Really delightful and helpful staff. Great location for Colonial Williamsburg and great value for the stay. Was already recommending it!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank pickledapologies
Reviewed 8 November 2018

Another quality Hampton Inn! Clean, well maintained. Comfortable beds and pillows, friendly staff, decent breakfast. I’ve learned to adjust my travel plans to stay at Hampton Inns. Never any negative surprises!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank REG1966MHS
Reviewed 8 November 2018

We stayed right after a hurricane so for the first day the power was out. The person on at night was great, though, and still got us checked in. Everything was clean and comfortable. We did not eat the breakfast because the power had been out for almost 24 hours and there was no communication by staff as to how they knew if the food was not spoiled (milk, eggs, butter, pancake mix, etc.).

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank cynssmith
Reviewed 6 November 2018

I am very disappointed in Trip Advisor for offering discounted hotel rates through a third-part booking company called "CANCELON."

When I printed out my reservation voucher for an upcoming stay (8-12 Nov) at the Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District, the total price should have been $476.00 (for 4 nights at $119.00 each). Instead the reservation voucher was showing a total charge of $566.00, with no details regarding the cost per night--just showing a total.

I called CANCELON to inquire about the discrepancy in price. CANCELON said I should have received an Invoice/Receipt, which I did not, showing an additional $90 in fees and taxes, which brought the total charged to my credit card to $566.00, instead of $476.00. I told CANCELON that the additional fees seemed unreasonable, as they brought the price of the room to $141.50 per night versus $119.00 per night.

I then asked for a copy of the Invoice, which they immediately sent me via email, although it showed no details, just an extra $90 charge for fees and taxes.

I then asked if I could cancel the reservation, but was reminded that the reservation I had booked was non-refundable. I told them I was very disappointed and would NOT book through them again, even though I had not realized I was booking through CANCELON and thought I was booking through Trip Advisor.

To make matters worse, an hour later when I called the hotel to ask for a notice of late arrival, the hotel said that they did not have a reservation listed for me. After much discussion, the hotel was finally able to find my name but said that the credit card number/info they had been given by CANCELON did not work, and, therefore, the hotel had been unable to make my reservation.

I then was able to request a new reservation using the same credit card I had used when booking the original reservation on Trip Advisor, and my card was accepted with no problems, and my reservation was confirmed.

After that, I asked the hotel to add my Hilton/Hampton Rewards Number to my reservation, but they said they could not do that because the original reservation had been booked through a third party. Who knew? It seems that it would have been much simpler (and cheaper) to book though the Hilton/Hampton rewards website to begin with.

I have been a loyal Trip Advisor fan, but I am very disappointed in there new third-party booking policy using CANCELON, and I wanted to make Trip Advisor aware that CANCELON may not be as transparent or ethical as they should be.

Buyer beware!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GstSrvceMngr, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Ms. Mary K,

Thank you for your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Williamsburg, VA in the Historic District. We greatly appreciate your feedback, when going through a third party they do have their own separate fees and sometimes can be confusing. I always do encourage guest to book directly through the Hampton Inn because we will give you a set price including taxes as well. I do apologize for the confusion but glad to hear that you did enjoy your stay here with us and we look forward to seeing you in near future.

Reviewed 29 October 2018

Affordable, Clean, Comfortable rooms. The staff here is awesome! Excellent location! Complentary Internet & a great hot breakfast is offered which is very nice. This is my go to hotel when planning a trip to Bush Gardens!

• Trip type: Travelled with family