Reviews (2 406)
2 406 results
All reviews manor house hot tub living room general store coffee house full kitchen mini golf renovated unit indoor pool welcome package sales pitch concierge desk twin beds timeshare meeting ghost tour washer and dryer ground floor
9 - 14 of 2 406 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We always enjoy coming to Williamsburg and staying in this Diamond Resorts property. The Historic Powhatan Resort is beautiful with many amenities. The resort is also historic with a Manor house that dates back to the 18th century. This resort is a win-win when coming to Williamsburg to have an enjoyable vacation and learning about history in a beautiful area of our country.

• Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa D
KevJohnson2016, General Manager at The Historic Powhatan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback! At Diamond Resorts®, it is our goal to provide you with Affordable Luxury and Priceless Memories, and it seems like we were successful based on your review. We hope to welcome you and your family back to The Historic Powhatan Resort in the future!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Beautiful area . However our unit wasn’t stocked very well . The furniture was dated ripped carpet dirty walls . Hot water issue in one of the bathrooms we called about but it was never addressed. Even after all that we still love the area .

• Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Amanda_Foley, Manager at The Historic Powhatan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for expressing your feedback. Our front desk is accessible 24 hours and will respond to all requests and/or concerns immediately. The Historic Powhatan Resort prides itself on the cleanliness of the resort and we do hope you gave our staff the opportunity to assist you throughout your visit. Diamond Resorts® welcomes you back on all your future travels.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This resort has beautiful grounds, and the townhouse was a good size. The beds were comfortable, it had a well-equipped kitchen and the sitting area was cozy. The living room area was dated, but comfortable. The resort had a decent restaurant - nothing fancy, but perfect for a super rainy night where we didn't want to go out. Location was convenient to Colonial Williamsburg and the outlets. Not a fan of the 10am checkout - that seems excessively early.

My biggest issue is the hard sell on the time-share. When you get there the staff is pushy right from the front door. On check out day, they call and try to sell it again. I get it - it's a time-share. But it's over the top.

• Stayed: November 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback! As a vacation ownership property, we do give all our guests the opportunity to obtain more information on becoming Diamond Resorts® owners through our presentations. It is never our intent to present a negative experience. Please know that these presentations are not mandatory unless otherwise stated in your vacation package. Diamond Resorts® is looking forward to an opportunity to present you a memorable vacation soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here (in a regular room) two years ago and had a wonderful experience....unfortunately, this trip was a disappointment! I reserved through a Groupon special, just like last time. Had to make over 5 calls to reserve handicapped room. First, called before I bought Groupon to be sure that we could get a handicapped room specific to our needs. Was told that there are not many handicapped rooms available, so should make reservation through Groupon, then call back immediately with reservation number to reserve handicap room. I did so, only to be told that the reservation was not in system yet, nothing could be done call back next day. This went on for another three days - during each phone call, I was told something different as to the actual availability of handicapped rooms. "We have lots and lots of handicapped rooms, do not worry about it." and on next call, " We have so few available, call back as soon as you can with your reservation number.". I was worried since there was no sense in planning the trip if we were not going to have a handicapped accessible room specific to our needs. Once the reservation hit the system, I had an extensive conversation with someone and explained that while we did not need wheelchair accessibility, we dd need first floor, grab bars on right side of toilet, no twin beds and a very close parking space We arrived on a busy Friday evening at 9:30pm. As I walked into lobby to register, there were four people working the check in desk, waiting on four sets of customers. As soon as I got to the front of the line, two of the clerks disappeared. One of them wandered back in several minutes later but an employee came out of the room marked "VIP Check-In" and approached him. He got very flustered, started working on her request - dropping the phone, requesting help from other clerks, etc. The person behind me and I were flabbergasted that we were left to just wait - it was no less busy, yet suddenly, there were fewer clerks and one of them was tied up working on what appeared to be a VIP check in for...another employee? Another employee seemed to be new or in training and kept interrupting the working clerks so that they took a lot of time to check in the people they were waiting on.I had to wait quite a while (with elderly handicapped friend waiting in car). Once checked in, I was sent to concierge desk - where I felt insulted! Bryce told me I was preregistered for a presentation the next morning and could then purchase three day tickets to Williamsburg at a discounted price - that was the only "deal": he mentioned. I explained that we were only there for two days and some of that time, especially morning hours would be spent getting elderly handicapped person up, dressed, fed, etc.He then told me "Here is my extension, so you can call me when you get into your room and have time to make a better decision about this" - excuse me?!!! "A better decision"?!
Went to room - which we had trouble finding since we were NOT given a street address, even after I asked. I was told, you do not need a street, just go to stop sign, turn left and your building will be one of the last on on the left. Not true - we needed to go to the stop sigh, go STRAIGHT and then our building was near the end of the road. Very difficult to find since signage is sparse and hard to see in the dark. We did find it, parking immediately in front of room. Room was on first floor. However, the grab bars were on the left side of th toilet - which made it awkward and uncomfortable for our friend since each time he sat on toilet, he had to call for help to get up since grab bar was on his paralyzed side. We were given a room with twin beds. Again, uncomfortable for our friend - we could not put him in king size bed since it was designed for use by wheelchair patient and was low to assist getting into and out of bed from a wheelchair. It was so low that he would have to fall into bed and then again, call for assistance to get out of bed. Putting him into a twin bed meant we had to go out to WalMart and purchase side rails to keep him safe during the two nights we were there. That option was faster and easier on him than calling to ask for another room since he was already in this room, exhausted from trip and we just needed to get him to bed. Additionally, the layout of the suite was bizarre - both bathrooms were situated off of the one bedroom with the king sized bed in it.....very weird! We grabbed a urinal while in WalMart to keep him from having to trek down hall during the night since the bathroom was not off of his room.
Upon check-out, I noticed that there was an offer for a vacation package - which I was never told about, I was only told about the discounted three day tickets for Willaimsburg.The concierge did offer to sell me the deal quickly, but I was done with the place by then. I had gone into lobby to ask for printed confirmation that no charges had been put onto charge card that was taken for deposit against extra charges. Concierge sent me to check-in desk since the could not give me printed paper but told me the check-in desk could do so. I waited in line at check-in desk, only to be told that they could not give me a printed paper (.I will be sure to check my charge card statement when it arrives!)
All in all, we were extremely disappointed this time around. Seemed such a hassle to get a handicapped room and then it did not totally meet our needs, despite extensive conversations and assurances.
The poor rating reflects the experience, not the actual property.The unit was clean and well maintained. The grounds are nicely landscaped.
One bright spot that deserves a shout out is Jody - we called front desk to ask for late check out and she was very agreeable and helpful. Thanks!

• Stayed: November 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Margaret W

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We have tried to locate a reservation for further review of your concerns, but are unable to with the information provided. We understand the importance of efficiency and we apologize for any inconvenience upon check in. Our front desk is accessible 24 hours and our staff is eagerly waiting to assist with any concerns and/or requests. Our management team is also happy to assist with any concerns.The Historic Powhatan Resort strives to provide each guest with an extraordinary vacation experience and we do hope you will give us another opportunity to provide such.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I would stay here again. The grounds were very nice. Our townhome was cozy and updated. We had a 2bedroom. One bedroom has a nice King size bed. lots of room. Really liked that it has a washer and dryer as well. Lots of amenities on the grounds. like tennis, minitur golf,gym, etc. The resturant was just ok but good enough for a quick breakfast. The check in was fine but right after you check in they escort you to there reservations desk and try to sell you on vacation promotions. It kind of reminded me of time shares in mexico. Their sale pitch is rather aggressive it didnt let it bother me. only lasted 10 min. They have a nice coffee shop on site. Over all it was a good experience. I would stay again. We toured historic wiliamsburg and york and jamestown. all locations were a short distance from the resort.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
KevJohnson2016, General Manager at The Historic Powhatan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

The biggest compliment we can receive is a guest who wants to return! Thank you for sharing your feedback and for choosing to spend your hard-earned vacation at The Historic Powhatan Resort. We will definitely make sure to share your feedback with our team here!