“Always an amazing dining experience”

Le Yaca French Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Yaca French Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 429 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Le Yaca began in a tiny, country village(Courchevel)in the French Alps in 1964.Daniele Bourderau & Gerard decided that it would be fun to open a small restaurant. When friends learned of their plans they told the hopeful restaurateurs that they were crazy to think that people would drive 8 kilometers on a winding, icy road for dinner.Daniele and Gerard hesitated for 3 months and then decided: “yaca le faire,” a contraction of the French phrase “ il n’y a qu’a le faire” which basically means “let’s do it.” They called the restaurant Le Yaca as a gag. But the name caught on with customers, who were amused by the pun and contributed to the restaurant’s lore by inventing “yaca-isms ” of their own: yaca y aller (let’s go). Daniele came to the United States & opened Le Yaca in Williamsburg.Daniel Abid bought le Yaca in 2001. Daniel worked and trained in such prestigious places as “Le Pre Catelan” and “Lenotre” in Paris; “L’Amandier” and “Roger Verge" and to top it all off “Alain Ducasse.”
Reviewed 2 April 2018

If you are looking for a very special place to have dinner or lunch....this is it. You will not be disappointed. The atmosphere, the staff/servers and the food are always terrific. Been there multiple times and always exceeds our expectations.

Date of visit: March 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1 221)

92 - 96 of 1 221 reviews

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

A co-worker of my wife recommended Le Yaca in Williamsburg. After a stroll around scenic Merchant's Square near Colonial Williamsburg, my wife and I headed to Le Yaca for lunch. I had the fish of the day, a wonderful flounder dish atop asparagus and sliced roasted potatoes. My had an equally amazing sea scallop dish. To wrap up our fantastic meal, I had a warm chocolate cake with ice cream. It was such an enjoyable experience. We'll be back for sure! The service was great! We can't wait return to try new dishes!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Very enjoyable dinner. I had the Coquilles Saint¬-Jacques au Gratin--good but not great. Instead, I’d opt for the Tenderloin & Crab cake or the roast lamb. Very impressive wait staff--very knowledgeable, and when I asked for a simple tomato for a salad they brought a beautify sliced tomato or two, in vinaigrette. Great touch.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Absolutely wonderful restaurant. From the front door welcoming staff to the servers, you feel like a special guest all evening. We did the prix fixe menu and there are three different price levels. For $37, we had a three course meal. I started with tomato soup, then had filet mignon with shrimp risotto and it also came with spinach and potatoes. My friend had salmon and she said it was delicious. We did pay extra for the dessert soufflé as I had not had one in awhile. But, I would have been happy with any of the other options on the prix fixe dessert menu. The wine selection was filled with French wines, of which I was unfamiliar, but even the $8 glass was wonderful. Would definitely return if I am back in Williamsburg.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

This is a marvelous restaurant! We went on a Sunday in the Summer of 2017 for our 1st visit.

They were offering a Brunch that included a mimosa, a lobster bisque, an entree, and a dessert for $30. We were very happy with the high quality of the food; it's preparation and lovely presentation.

Our server was knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. The facility is immaculate with pleasant ambience.

We are Williamsburg locals and will happily return here!!

Date of visit: July 2017