Reviews (1 562)
1 562 results
All reviews bedroom villa screened in porch full kitchen marriott vacation market place colonial williamsburg tennis courts busch gardens time share walking trails movie theater washer and dryer jacuzzi tub beautiful property resort activities main building gated community
39 - 44 of 1 562 reviews
Reviewed 26 June 2018

The staff went above and beyond for us. The girls at the activity center went out of their way to bring my son a birthday gift to our room. The lounge where the marketplace use to be was nice place to end our day. Everyone was great keep up the great work! We will be back next year.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Margaret D
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Hi Margaret, thank you for your review of Manor Club! We appreciate your kind words for the team and are happy to hear how they made your son's birthday special. We look forward to more #vacationgreatness with your family!

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a week with another couple. The room had a kitchen, dining area and living room with a fireplace . On each side of the living room was a master bedroom and bath. The property included swimming pool, spa and workout facilities. The property is also fairly convenient to Jamestown, Yorktown and old Williamsburg.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeslieS1617

Hi Leslie, we are delighted to read about your stay at Manor Club! Thank you for sharing your review and we look forward to seeing you and your friends again soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

We stayed using a short stay thru Interval International.The resort is inside a private community, Ford's Colony. It's a gorgeous area. The check in process was smooth, and the front desk young lady was really kind and friendly. The check out was the most quiclkly and easy, just called a ext number, leave name and room number, and leave the key in the room, that 'is, and I loved it!The resort itself is well maintained. We stayed in a 2 bedrooms unit, and our room were a lock off villa, huge!!!. One with the master bedroon, jacuzzi, a full Kitchen, washer and dryer, roomy living room, and a porche. The other was a studio, with a wet bar, microwave, little fridge, bathroom, etc. Honestly It could be the perfect villa, but when you can hear every footsteps, washer etc. above us, Its not cool, and more when it happens after 12am.

They allocate us in Federal Commons (the most far building from the main one), at the beggining had no problem with that, but, one of the downsides of the resort, it's that is splited on two by the community street. I mean, the main building (front desk, gym, covered pool, etc) and some units are at your left when you enter, then the other buildings (where I stayed) were across the community street, making you feel like "you're on your own", and not part of the resort. Even, there is a pool in the area we satyed, but it was closed, until the day before we leaved. We just went at the other side of the resort for check in. It's not a big deal if you will use the resort for base for visit the area, but it's something that you need to have in consideration if you plan to stay and use the facilities almost all the time. So just used the resort like a base for visit the sorroundings areas. The other downside was the parking lot. There is not enough parkings close to the Federal Coommons Building, so you have to walk, and the lenght of the walk will depende at the time you get back to the resort. If you return before 6pm there will be several spots. After that hour you will need to walk a little more. They have reserved 2 parkings spots for drop off your stuffs (I do belive it's from 10am to 10pm,something like that).

About what you can do in the area, well, there are several offers and places to visit. In our case, we went in Freedom Park (really close to the resort, and it's a free park), Colonial Williamsburg (Free parking, fee entrance about $42, but you can enter thru the ticketing area and walk for free all the Colonial Williamsburg, Merchant Square etc, without enter in the required ticket building), Jamestown Settlement and American Revolutionary Museum both with the same ticket (Fee entrance $25.50) , York River State Park ($3.00 per car), the Malls, and the free ferry from Williamsburg to Surry.

Overall we enjoyed our stay in Williamsburg and our stay in Marriott's Manor Club. But of course if they take actions and improve some of the downsides the place will be close to perfection.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor, so you can avoid the noise of footsteps etc
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank jollyngo
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

We are pleased you enjoyed your visit to Manor Club! Thank you for your review and for your insight on your stay at the resort. We look forward to seeing you again soon at a Marriott Vacation Club resort.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

I ended up in Richmond and had to stop driving to rest and couldn’t find anywhere that had anything available due to it being race weekend. If you’ve been to VA around this time, you know it’s completely sold out everywhere. Luckily, I was able to find one room open here and drove 45 mins out of my way to get there. When I say there was NOTHING nearer to RIC.... I mean nothing. Although I didnt try the Motels, because.. just no.

The night service clerk was fantastic and got me checked in quickly... by the time I reached the estate - it’s definitely a huge golf estate and mini city - it was about 3am. I was exhausted beyond belief, so when the front desk clerk even grabbed me a bag of ice to make sure I wouldn't have to come back out if there wasn't any available in the bldg, I was impressed and grateful. Fast forward to the next day; since I arrived at 3am, I slept until maybe 1’ish and then slowly drug myself up to shower and get ready for my afternoon apt. I had requested a late checkout the evening before and as I practically live in Marriotts due to constant work travel, am a Platinum Elite member, I have never had any issue with a late checkout and understood that to be 4pm. Well, not so much here and that’s fine. I just wasn't aware of this until housekeeping knocked on my door and I told her half asleep I had requested a late checkout and would be gone by 4. She looked strange at me and walked away. I then immediately got a call from some guy at the office letting me know that noon or 2 was the latest I could be checked out. I apologized, explained that I was unaware their policy was different and asked if he would Kindly give me 3o mins to get myself up and out of the room, he said yes that was fine. As Im hustling and still kind of half awake, the housekeeper bangs on the door about 10 mins after this call. I hollered through the door since I was getting dressed that I was hurrying to the best of my ability and would be done momentarily. Imagine my surprise as the phone rang again 5 mins later, so as I rushed out of the bathroom to go get the phone which was only further dealing my departure, whomever it was had hung up. In total, from the time I was alerted to my tardy checkout and the exit out of the room, it took me about 35 mins.

As I was walking out, I bumped into security who had been called to, I don't know? Escort me from the room?! I was so upset and have never in my LIFE had anyone send security for me. I went to the front desk to confirm that I had vacated the room and ask them why they felt the need to contact security when the misunderstanding was communicated and I had left the room only 5 minutes shy of the time I had been given of 30 minutes. There’s no way they weren’t able to see that I had checked in very late, so you would think they would have treated a guest better than that. Needless to say, even if I have to sleep in my car at a rest stop, I will do so before I go back to this location. It’s quite beautiful inside the room and the grounds are also lovely but having security called on me half asleep and confused while having a housekeeper repeatedly bang on a door while she’s also calling the front desk who’s then calling you back to back was as bizarre as it was insulting. I hope that race did not play a factor in this situation, but I can only use the information I have to understand or rationalize such treatment. The housekeeper was of a different race and the fearful and inordinate reaction to my understandably late wake up didn't occur until the she physically saw me when I opened the door at the first knock.

In my opinion, they could have charged me quadruple the evenings rate, or about anything else from what they actually did. Which was treat me like a criminal. Even when I went to the front desk, there were excuses made for this but no apology or otherwise. Perhaps this place is not favored or interested in every demographic of guest. I can assure you that money or status of membership did not matter in my situation, so unfortunately I have little left but to assume this was related to “other’ factors. I will not assume to further investigate it by returning to see if I have a similar experience- that much I can be sure of.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank Briana B
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Hi Briana, we are sorry to hear there was a misunderstanding about the check-out time at Manor Club. Marriott Vacation Club resorts do not honor select Marriott Rewards benefits, such as elite late-checkout. This is due to the resorts having high Owner occupancy along with the time required to clean villa accommodations. Your feedback on your interactions with the team at the resort are appreciated and will be shared with the senior resort management team. Thank you again for your review and for letting us know about your stay.

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at a few timeshares in Williamsburg. I have not stayed at any that I did not like but this one was a little prettier and the grounds are beautiful. The ONLY downside is that the floors are too thin. You can hear every footstep and voices above you (we were on first floor). I think a little insulation would have gone a long way to reducing noise.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ColeenRN
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Thank you for your review, Coleen! We are happy you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again at Manor Club.