All reviews busch gardens modern hotel turkey sausage egg white omelet chobani yogurt pancake machine whaling company highest floor would stay here again full length mirror continental breakfast was great large flat screen tv bush gardens christmas town super close great property walk in shower
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I came for a baby shower at Fords Colony but there was to expensive. It's a 20 min drive. Also 15 min drive to outlets.
Room was ready when I arrived at 1pm.
Front desk was super friendly

Breakfast was also very good. Bagels, fruit rolls eggs 2 different sausages pancakes and yogurt.
Room was clean and bathroom good.
I'd stay here again.

Stayed: November 2018, travelled with family
ShanaraG6, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg Busch Gardens Area, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Good Day Nevilledog,

What a great review of the Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg Busch Gardens Area. We appreciate your kind words. We look forward to booking your next reservation with us in the near future. Thank you and Safe Travels!

Best Wishes

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed at this hotel, my first time staying in a Holiday Inn Express. I was pleasantly surprised at the comfort of the bed, lots of hot water, pleasant interactions with the staff. The room was a little smaller/tighter than I'm accustomed to staying in. To be honest, we almost exclusively stay in Hampton Inns if we're not staying in BnBs, so my idea of some of the niceties provided by a hotel was not met. The breakfast left a lot to be desired: no hot chocolate or variety of teas (only the very basic tea); a pancake "machine" which puts out two a little tough pancakes out the side; no fresh fruit already cut up (just apples, bananas and oranges); the only oatmeal was the kind in a bag you make yourself with hot water; mediocre sausages and eggs.

When we asked for a blanket for the room, the staff was very helpful in providing a variety of things to make our sleeping more comfortable. Overall, I was pleased with the hotel and the staff--just wouldn't recommend it for the breakfast.

Stayed: October 2018
ShanaraG6, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg Busch Gardens Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello C W,

I appreciate you taking the time to review our property and for staying outside of your comfort zone and giving the Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg Busch Gardens a chance. Being that we are a hotel and we have to meet the IHG brand standards our breakfast does have a wide variety compared to others. I wish that we could have won you over in every way but I'm convinced that you will visit us again despite the not so nice breakfast experience. We look forward to you giving us another chance to win you over the next time your in the Williamsburg area. Thank you you again for your business and time.

Best Wishes!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed at this hotel, sight unseen, because I was on my way to visit my grandson for Halloween and I was unsure if I’d get down his way. I checked online and took a chance there would be a room. I walked into the lobby and was pleasantly greeted. The hotel lobby looked brand new but the front desk person said that it was not new but had recently been redone. It was beautiful! The room was clean, pretty, tastefully decorated, and very comfortable. I enjoyed a delicious breakfast too. The surprise was the value — what a wonderful stay for a great price!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo

Good Day Diane E,
Thank you for your kind words. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg Busch Gardens. We are keeping a room just for you the next time you are in the area to visit your grandson. Thank you again for taking the time to review our wonderful property. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 30 October 2018

We've stayed here twice now and will always make this our go to hotel when we visit Busch Gardens Williamsburg. The service at this hotel is also top notch, they even remembered my name after we went out for a bit and returned and asked how everything was in the room. Location is great as well as Busch Gardens is literally right down the road, no need to get on the highway or anything.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello Mark K,
Thank you for taking the time out to review the award winning Holiday Inn Express Busch Gardens Area. Your review explains why we are award winning. Thank you for coming back to your home away from home while in the area. Your a part of our Express family now! We hope to see you for Christmas Town but if not we know you will be back very soon. See you soon!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 29 October 2018

I stayed here for just one night in a clean, modern room. The bed was comfortable, and the shower had good pressure, but the temperature control was very sensitive and it took me several attempts to set it to a comfortable level. The room was equipped with a work desk & chair, a large TV on the wall, a safe that could hold up a 15" laptop, a Keurig coffee machine, a microwave, and a small fridge, which was so noisy that I had to unplug it overnight to be able to sleep (why is a such new hotel installing worn out fridges in the rooms?) The first time that I turned on the tap on the basin, water sprayed out from the tap to the side and upwards across the mirror - I found this was due to the filter in the mouth of the tap not being screwed in properly (how was that not noticed by the cleaner?) There was a was a large gap at the bottom of the door that let in light and noise from the corridor. There was no signage to tell guests the location of the ice machine on my floor. This modern hotel gives a good first impression, but I can't give it a 5/5 rating due to the litany of minor problems I've listed above. Pity. The standard free breakfast was ok.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo

Hello majikthise,

I would like to start by thanking you for taking the time out to review our hotel. Next I would like to apologize the issues in your room. I am not sure as to why your fridge was noisy through the night to where you had to unplug it or why tap was not properly screwed on. I will definitely look into these issues with our maintenance tech. I would like to also apologize about the gap in the door letting in light and noise. I understand your rating and I hope that doesn't deter you from staying with us again in the future. Thank you again for the feedback.
Best Wishes,