All reviews best westerns front desk cracker barrel skyline drive the blue ridge parkway great place to stay indoor pool comfortable beds convenient location stay there again hot breakfast cookies very nice stay very nice hotel waffles off the highway easy access
Reviewed 25 June 2018

My two daughters and I stayed here last July for five nights. The hotel was clean, the beds were comfy, and the breakfast was good. We enjoyed the pool. I recommend this hotel and will probably stay here again, next time we are in Waynesboro.

When we stayed, we used the on site washer and dryer. At that time the dryer didn't work very well. I took our clothes out and finished drying them at my sister's house. Other than that, we had no complaints about this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
GMResponds, General Manager at Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for the input about the dryer and I will be looking into immediately.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Our first room had ants on the bedside table. After killing a half dozen we decided just before going to bed that we should change rooms because they were so close to the beds. There were sizable crumbs behind it, which is probably what was attracting them. The deadbolt didn’t work, either.

The front desk person gave us what I was told is the last room available. It is a king with a sofa bed. The first thing I did when I walked in was step on something that stuck to my sock. We checked for bugs and didn’t find any, but the stove (yeah, stove) is old and dirty. They need to just take it out, but if they keep it they should at least clean it with a towel soaked in ammonia overnight so it won’t be so nasty looking. But on top of that it has crumbs around it and a piece of paper towel stuck to it. There is a 5’ refrigerator in the room with crumbs and other spots on top of it as well.

The sofa bed is uncomfortable. I know it’s a sofa bed and not a regular bed, but the one I own is pretty comfortable.

I feel like I’m just complaining now, but the pillows are all huge and not particularly soft. I asked the front desk if they have thinner ones but they don’t. I wouldn’t mind that much, but thick pillows make my neck hurt.

It’s 12:52 now and I’m just going to bed. I don’t know what breakfast has in store, but I wanted to get this review out before I forgot the details.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank DonBXX
GMResponds, General Manager at Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

First let me start off by apologizing. This is not the standard we strive to or achieve on a regular basis. Second I would like to ask you to call me at the hotel when you have a chance to discuss this further. Thank You.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

My husband and I stay here frequently as a layover point between PA and NC. We have always had pleasant experiences here, but this last time was different. First, we called on way from NC to see if they had availability and gal was polite and professional. She gave us the "military rate" on a room with 2 queen beds. (Prior military family) Great!
We arrived around 9pm to find no wheeled luggage carriers. The man on duty said that guests are keeping them and not bringing them back, almost in a humorous way. I really wasn't laughing was tired from the trip. I asked him why management hadn't done something about this? No comment. I went on every floor, as he hadn't offered to, to see if there was a luggage carrier in the hallway, but no luck. When I got back down to the desk, the man said he looked on every floor and couldn't find one. Could have offered that immediately and saved us time. My husband and I carry additional stuff like a CPap, pillows, etc so we had to make several trips up to our room and back down. I had to ask the man if he could help us. He brought up my wheeled suitcase. The shower floor had anti-skid material peeling off all around it, so it was uncomfortable on my feet. Minor. There is no fan to get rid of the humidity from showering. The hotel needs some improvements to give it a 5 star rating from me again.
The room was clean, beds comfortable, coffee always great! Amenities are great! Didn't get to the pool so cannot comment on that. Husband enjoyed breakfast. I didn't have an appetite for it.
I filled out the survey and immediately within 24 hours I received an email from Robert Reed, GM, thanking us for staying there, apologizing and promising to address the issues I wrote them about. Also commenting that he hopes that we will want to stay there again. I won't say I won't, because it is a very nice place, but I felt it was important to let people know our experience. Happy Travels!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marykay1
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff and extra clean and well kept facilities, make this a wonderful place to stay. We were here for a wedding and spent two days. Could not have been more pleased. Very conscientious to area attractions and restaurants. The breakfast was really nice also.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
GMResponds, Manager at Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank You! We are glad you had a nice stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I only had about a day and a half to find something to do that was fun and relaxing on Father’s Day weekend. We decided to ride the BRP north from Fancy Gap to its beginning near Waynesboro Va. The ride was breathtaking but we found out at the end of the day that we were tired, in need of a shower, hungry and done for the day. We chose the Best Western Plus in Waynesboro and found it to be just what we needed. The staff very warm and friendly. The room was clean and complete with everything we needed! The Buffet for breakfast was top notch! We will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dkkbaseball

Thanks! Hopefully you will come stay with us again in the future!