All reviews front desk full kitchen dogs staying pet fee valet service bedroom window pet friendly hotel free valet parking limited parking small balcony air conditioner breakfast room yogurt two blocks neptune park housekeeping staff free breakfast
Reviewed 6 July 2018

Room 601 was excellent with no noise from the air conditioning. I was ready to cancel
the reservations after reading the reviews on line. Yes, there will be a major redo in the
fall and customers need to realize when the hotel was built. Yes, the corridors to the
rooms were very warm but the glass on the west side of the hotel contributed to the
heat/cooling effort. Traveled with pets and the suites were large and had great views of the ocean and fireworks. All the Marriott staff was great and helpful. I think that most
people who gave bad reviews did encounter problems but most guests that didn't have
a problem most often don't give reviews. We have stayed at Marriott's for 40 years
with a 4 -5 star rating. We would stay there again and no I am not a Marriott employee
but have owned to small businesses and there are some days that you encounter problems with your customers. The important information you receive from
the problem is how to correct it so you and your customers feel that you care about
them and make their stay as great as possible.
The Young's, Charlotte, NC

Room tip: end rooms on floors have less disturbance from families with children
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank foodie28173
Reviewed 2 July 2018

This was my first time staying at this hotel and my last. I recommend you explore other options. Details follow:

Positive:
1. Location. Right in the heart of of VA Beach Oceanfront, tons of things to do, bars, restaurants.Not even a block away from the Zeus statue.
2. View. Ocean views form the rooms are breathtaking.
3. Room setup. Spacious. Nice little kitchen and living room. Nice TV and Wi-Fi signal. Good water pressure. Liked the balcony.

Negatives:
1. Dated. Everything from the carpets to the decor is in dire need of renovation. It gives the hotel a cheap motel feel.
2. A/C. The entire hotel hallways were very hot, the room was also hot. The A/C unit kept shutting off. The temperature in the room reached 80 degrees at one point. The A/C unit was very loud as well. Called front desk and they came right up. The problem persisted.
3. Prize. I gladly pay high-end hotel prices if it means a superior experience and high level of comfort. This was not it. We paid premium hotel prices for a mediocre experience.

Our stay was not all bad. Breakfast was good (even though there was no milk at all)...anyway I cannot recommend it. Hope they make some changes.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Rina C, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Hello Beerandbreakfast,

Thank you for the review that you gave us through Tripadvisor. We appreciate both the positive and negative comments as we try our best to enhance the experience we give to our guest. We apologize for some of the conditional aspects of the property and they soon will be going under a cosmetic update. Again, thank you for your time in writing this review and we do hope to see you again whenever your travels bring you back to Virginia Beach.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the residnce omn vs beach ocean front for 6 days . It was a horrible experience. Our ac didnt work, the staff were not friendly . There was a terrible odor in my room due to ac leakage . We tried to bring it up to the manager at no Vail.
The room keys didnt work and everytime we bring it up the front desk looked frustrated. There was no Ac in the entire building . The housekeeping staff was very lazy. For 5 nights our room was not even vacuumed. I will never reccomend it to anyone . Managment is horrible , staff is rude and very very outdated hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Hend A
Rina C, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Hello Hend A,

Thank you for your time for writing a review on Tripadvisor. We are truly sorry we fell short of your expectations when it came to several aspects of the hotel as we do strive to provide a great experience for all guest. Again, thank you for taking the time to write a survey and I'll be sure to share these comments with our team.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

This is my second review for this hotel, and my first review was glowing for June 2017, but a year later, my rose colored glasses are off. The AC is so loud that I could not sleep, and when I turned it off, the temp quickly made it to 82. Speaking of the AC, there’s a huge vent on the balcony, which blows out HOT air and is so loud, you can’t have a conversation on the balcony. The hallway on the top floor: 89-91 degrees, and the elevators had issues our entire stay. One of the washing machines is broken, and to top it off, the parking this time around was nightmarish. I was lucky enough to find a spot in the small lot, but they allowed people to block vehicles in, which obviously during valet hours wouldn’t be too much of a hassle, but if an emergency occurred after those valet hours—-who knows? To end on a positive note, the staff is friendly, the rooms are spacious, the location is great, the food made at the hotel is fine, but this place needs a remodel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank editrix15
Rina C, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Hello editrix15,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a feedback for your recent stay. I do apologize for all the concerns listed that occurred throughout your stay. I'll be sure to share these comments to the staff as we do strive to better ourselves each day. I do hope you consider us again whenever your travels bring you back to Virginia Beach.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We booked this hotel because we needed a king sized bed in a bedroom with a door. Our kids slept in the living room space. Room size is large and all of us and our luggage fit nicely. The loud air conditioner drowns out the sound of the waves. There was a faint smell of dog pee near the bedroom window. We did hear dogs barking from time to time. Breakfast was great. Surrounding area is excellent, very high end with new stores, buildings and restaurants. Logerheads which is maybe two blocks north on the boardwalk inside a hotel, serves huge portions of delicious food. We also loved Murphys and YNot. Doughboy was yummy too. THe hotel seems to have about 72 rooms and parking for maybe 36 cars. Cars get parked at another garage and get brought over by a valet. You feel guilty asking for your car, so you walk to places. But, this arrangement kept us from venturing out to see the south side of the city. I think the front desk should give out free passes for the bus and schedule, since car access is not great. Beach itself and the boardwalk arrangement with bike paths, pretty flowers, palm type trees, and soft sand, plus showers to rinse sand off and newly poured cement steps and ramps to the beach were AMAZING. It felt very high end. I really did love our first stay at Virginia Beach. Only choose this hotel if you need the room arrangement and free breakfast like we did. I think the staff was wonderful, friendly and kind. I also think the hotel should make an attempt to have a "less dog" floor. Dogs like service dogs could also go to this floor since they are so well behaved. The puppies and loud ones could be designated generally to one floor too. That way like minded people could be grouped.

• Trip type: Travelled with family