“Unbelievably bad customer service”
Review of Plaza Azteca

Plaza Azteca
Ranked #306 of 1 615 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

(In My opinion) Today my wife and I went to the Holland Rd Plaza Azteca for lunch. Third try. All three times bad but today tops the cake. After waiting for almost 30 minutes, every bit of the food came out wrong from what we ordered. We learned (or we thought we did) to be very exact in our orders there because for some reason they can’t seem to get them right. Again mine came out wrong. I hate rice I ordered beans. My wife hates beans and order rice. My wife ordered steak NOT chicken. After about 45 minutes we decided to leave. I only ate the meat portion of my food. After I was done 10 minutes later the beans came out to the table. My wife still had not received her food. She had to return to work so we decided to leave but not until the manager insisted that we pay. My wife refused to pay for her entrée. The manager or so-called manager nitpicked our bill. He took off a few pennies for the beans. Charged for both of the drinks even though my wife never got her meal. Better part of $20 for nothing. The Waitress appeared to be mad at us. The manager didn’t seem to care that I said that this has happened before and we won’t be back. We think this is by far the worst Plaza Azteca in town! In my opinion, save yourself some money, time and frustration and go somewhere else!! I don’t know if the owner is the same at all of the stores, but he should consider changes. Just in case, we won’t patronize anymore of the Plaza Azteca’s.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

We had a family lunch with 11 people. We went early because it isn’t crowded at noon on Saturday. There weren’t many there except for another group of maybe 10 and a larger party. They crammed us all in this little corner where we weren’t able to get in and out of the chairs. The bathroom was disgusting with wet, sticky floors and damp toilet paper. The food was barely warm and it was so loud because they have open ceilings and they put the whole restaurant in the front corner. This is, by far, the worst of the Plaza chain. I don’t think any of us will be back.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Went here for lunch on a Sunday. Lunch menu is available with great prices. Food portions were huge for coming off the lunch menu and were very tasty. Our waitress seemed a little rushed but she took care of us and didn't have any issue getting our order correct. We never had to ask for drink refills, she was on the spot. Food came out in a very reasonable time and was perfect. Great chips and salsa too.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I only ate there once but I ended up sick for days. That was a while ago so maybe they have fixed their kitchen hygiene but I have shared that experience with others whom I mentioned it to. So it might not have been a fluke.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

great place authentic real food, the portions are huge, food is hot and fresh coming out, service was great, i read reviews but I usually discount the bad ones, they are just unhappy when they walk through the door, its ridiculous, go to the reviews place of business and I guarantee you you will see the same time of reviews where they work as they leave bad reviews elsewhere.