“Leisure walk”

Virginia Beach Boardwalk
More attraction details
Owner description: This three-mile concrete promenade is always busy with bicyclists, strollers, diners and people-watchers. During the summer, three oceanfront stages offer nightly entertainment.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My family walked the boardwalk on a leisure evening while visiting Virginia Beach on vacation. We enjoyed the live music and shaded leisure walk!

Write a ReviewReviews (7 119)
All reviews
"walkers"
in 239 reviews

356 - 360 of 7 121 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

What a great place! Lots of entertainment right on the boardwalk. There are restaurants, bar and grills to choose from as well.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I recently had the opportunity to visit the Virginia Beach resorts area, including the Boardwalk. Although I've visited all 50 states, I'd never had a chance to explore the Hampton Roads area until this month. I'd always heard great things about Virginia Beach, it's resort area, and the Boardwalk. Many touted it as an alternative to Florida. Perhaps I missed something because Virginia Beach didn't impress me at all.

The water itself really isn't that pretty, and the sand isn't soft. I also saw significantly more trash on the beach than I'm used to seeing. But the real issue I had with VA Beach and the boardwalk was the people around me. The homeless population is surprisingly high around the Boardwalk, and yes, they will ask you for money. Local police have a presence, but either Virginia doesn't have panhandling laws or they aren't enforced.

However, the main issue at VA Beach seems to be the tourists themselves. Most of the crowd had a very trashy feel. Bad language was pervasive, drunkenness was evident everywhere, rude behavior was prevalent, and I just didn't feel relaxed at all. I was also disappointed by the amount of smoking everywhere along the boardwalk. The whole thing felt like an overpriced carnival.

My recommendation for Midwesterners? Stay close to home and enjoy the west coast of Michigan instead. It's beautiful during the Summer and much less crowded. The beaches are clean and the water is clear. And best of all, 90% of the crowd up there is usually friendly and pleasant. If you want to go further, at least drive down to Alabama or the Florida Panhandle.

4  Thank Inquisitive_Wayfarer
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My grandson's first time in the ocean. He smiled the whole time-even when he got sea water in his mouth. Beautiful hotels on the beach to stay at. Rates can double on the weekends.

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I adore Virginia Beach so much. They take great care of their boardwalk every day we was there they was sweeping and watering their flowers was never loud so it didn’t disturb the vacationing crowd. All staff we came in contact with during our trip was wonderful and friendly I’m sure there’s a bad apple out there because they’re always is in every bunch but we had a lovely stay and can’t wait to be back. Such great people lots to do and fun to be there. I’m already planning our next trip!

1  Thank Brittney K