All reviewsfull kitchenapartment complexbasketball courttwo storyconference tableseparate buildingsliving areametro stationwithin walking distancefirst flooryogurthome away from homespring hilllocation is excellentbreakfast was includedfront desk managereasy access
Reviewed 5 August 2016

We were here with two rooms. One room should have had a second bedroom in the loft but they had put both beds in the loft where the temperature ws hard to cool. The other room looked like they had removed the desk, chair and other sofa. No place for more than three people. The pool opens at 10 butncloses at 9. Really early during the summer.

Room Tip: Ask to see your room.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Nasur A, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2016

Dear Jerry O,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay at my hotel. I will review the details of your room and share with my housekeeping department and engineering department in regards to the missing furniture.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention and thank you for staying.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

An old motel which could use a facelift with a beautiful small pool NOT smelling of chlorine, ( the lifeguard checks the ph every hour), nice landscaping with several condo style buildings, wonderful staff, ice cream social and small meal offered free of charge twice during the week, comfortable beds and lovely furnishings. For some reason, there was not enough food at the free breakfast buffet and the server(s) was running ragged bringing out bits and pieces as the kitchen prepared more! VERY convenient to the Metro, if you can stand the delay problems as they try to fix what should have been overseen and maintained years ago. In spite of these few negatives, I would highly recommend this reasonably priced motel.

Hi annette037,

THANK YOu for an awesome 4 star review. I can't wait to share your gracious comments regarding the service of my staff to the team. We work hard everyday to ensure we meet and exceed our guests expectation and I am glad you enjoyed your time at my hotel.

Please do visit us next time your travel plans brings you back to Tyson's.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

This is an older Residence Inn that has been recently remodeled. When we arrived, I thought this might be a questionable choice, but it turned out to be the perfect choice. We drove to Tysons Corner and then used the metro for travel. First-the staff at this hotel are the best. They are friendly and super helpful. They made me feel like they saw me as a person, not just a guest for a few nights. Second-the location is super. The hotel is on a side street surrounded by office buildings. There is plenty of free parking at the hotel. There was absolutely no traffic noise. It was so quiet, you could hear the birds chirping. There is a Walmart in one of the buildings about a block away for those little purchases you need. The metro is about a block and a half from the hotel. It is one stop to Tyson Corner Mall and Galleria so it is easy to get to a bunch of restaurants and shopping. The metro also goes to the Smithsonian stop so you can travel right down to the center of the DC mall. It took about 45 minutes to travel into the city. Third-the mix is great at this Residence Inn. On one night, they cooked hamburgers and salad and the next night they did desserts. It was great. They have a large swimming pool complete with water toys for the kids. There were kids in the pool, but I didn't hear them at all. Our room was clean and comfortable. The only downside was they only have queen size beds. This was an excellent place, and I highly recommend it if you are looking for a place outside of DC to stay and use the metro to see the sights. Just be aware there are two RI's in the Tysons Corner area. This one is actually listed on the Marriott site as in Vienna, Virginia.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Hi CKT808,

I can't THANK YOU enough for your detailed review and sharing your experience at my hotel. I couldn't agree more with you regarding the location of the hotel. It is very convenient to be walking distance to the metro station and easily access the nation's capital. I appreciate the comments regarding the service of my staff and thank you for recognizing them.

Please do visit us next time your travel plans brings you back to Tyson's.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 31 July 2016

Our extended family of 10 selected this inn for a Friday nite, as we were seeing a show nearby. The low weekend rate was very attractive, as well as the included hot breakfast.

The rooms are very comfortably furnished, especially the bedding and towels. The kitchen was very functional, well stocked with supplies and equipment.

The exteriors, however, are getting pretty worn. Due to very intense shade, large expanses of mildew cover certain walls, walkways, and stairs. Certain areas of moulding, soffit, etc. are showing signs of fungus and rot. Oak and maple saplings are growing out of the gutters. I would hope a complete exterior rehab, and a visit from a tree surgeon, are in the works.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Nasur A, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

Hello Original_Shrut,

Thank you for sharing your review regarding your recent stay at the Residence Inn Tyson's Corner. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed the spacious suite and variety of breakfast options. I have changed landscaping companies as the previous company did not do a better job in maintaining our exterior grounds. I am looking forward to much better exterior ground works moving forward. Thank you once again for sharing and I wish you a great upcoming week!

Reviewed 27 July 2016

First, if you're looking at staying here, it's a fine place to stay. Let's start with the positives:

- Rooms: This is an old-school Residence Inn with separate buildings - almost like little condos. The bedrooms are actual bedrooms (increasingly harder to find these days).

Full kitchens are really nice!

Every conversation with the staff was excellent - very friendly & efficient.

Needs some attention:
- The rooms are showing their age. We had a 2 bedroom (2 levels - a cool loft upstairs) and 2 bathrooms. The stairs were kinds creaky. The look was pretty outdated. The couch was pretty uncomfortable. The TV took a little time to 'focus' on the right channel. The curved shower rod was starting to droop & get loose. The dishwasher had a big label that was supposed to be removed after installation.

- Our room could have used a good cleaning. There was an obvious spill on the carpet near the kitchen, and we clearly saw a little toy under a chair (any vacuum under that chair would have moved it).

- I think we were there on a bad breakfast day: it sounded like someone was getting trained, so it may normally be better, but the area was pretty messy, which was surprising since I was there from about 6:30-7:00 am (when breakfast started). The cold bin had a bowl of pineapple and a bunch of yogurts that were dumped in instead of organized, and cups that are usually like a yogurt parfait had a blop of yogurt in a cup with a lid (did they forget the fruit)? Went for coffee and it was out. When we checked out, I tried to get some tea - no hot water.

Our rate seemed pretty high as well for this site, but everyone in the area was pretty high. They do have a shuttle that should be able to go anywhere within 5 miles (I think), which would get you to Metro or Tyson's Corner malls. You could certainly walk to Metro or a WalMart within a few blocks.

Room Tip: Just be aware that 2nd floor rooms are stairs only - no elevators in this type of Residence Inn.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank professorroyhinkley
Nasur A, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Hi professorroyhinkley,

Thank you so much for the great comments regarding the staff and property overall. I am glad you had a great time. I would like to apologize regarding your breakfast experience. I will be sharing your review with Kitchen Manager to ensure we take your comments and suggestions as a training opportunity to improve overall.

Thank you for staying with us!