“Tasteless”

Founding Farmers- Tysons
Reserve with OpenTable
Founding Farmers- Tysons is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Founding Farmers Tysons is a farmer owned restaurant that offers fresh food and drink with an emphasis and focus on cooking from scratch with ingredients sourced from near and far, from sources we trust, in a modern farmhouse setting. The bar is not to be missed, offering delicious scratch sodas, craft cocktails, and an all Virginia draught beer list; we'll have just the thing to quench your thirst. Approximately 30% of the menu includes items inspired by the culinary traditions of Virginia in a modern way. Weekend brunch at Founding Farmers Tysons is BUFFET style, with a wide array of breakfast, lunch, salad, entree, and dessert options.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We decided to have dinner at Founding Farmers. I have heard of this restaurant from many people who praised their fresh food. We made an early visit as we did not have reservations. Arriving at 6:30 the restaurant was half full however, we were told only the bar would be available. After receiving a cold reception from the bartender we ordered drinks and began to review the menu. Wow! It reads well. We started with half dozen raw oysters and devilled eggs. What a grand disappointment with both these items. I would have asked the bartender (if he ever showed back up), when the oyster were sucked? They appear to be cryongenically frozen oysters, disappointing to pay so much for frozen oysters. I would have paid double for fresh oysters. Let’s move on to the eggs. The eggs were absolutely disgusting, no garnish and sadly no flavor. There was no effort made in presentation of these food items. It was an easy decision to not order dinner.

Julie S, Guest Relations Manager at Founding Farmers- Tysons, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to write and review our restaurant. Please know that poor prepared food and sporadic service are NOT a hallmark of our restaurant, although this clearly is not what you experienced.

Anything less than attentive and knowledgeable service will not be tolerated and I am eager to get to the bottom of what went wrong. I would love to hear more details about your recent trip, so that we can use your experience as a learning experience and also make it up to you! I can be reached at Julie@farmersrestaurantgroup.com.

I look forward to your response and I greatly appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention. Your feedback is important to us, and helps keep us in check! We want to be constantly improving and know there is always room for growth.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

In Tysons corner for a business, was ecstatic to find a founding farmers location. So I immediately took over dinner plans and brought our group here. We were not disappointed! To a person we all raved about the presentation, taste, and innovative approach to our dishes. The potatoes gratin were amazing with my prime rib.

Julie S, Guest Relations Manager at Founding Farmers- Tysons, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi There Butch,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your feedback. I am thrilled to read about your recent experience at Founding Farmers in Tysons! We want you to count on us to deliver a wide variety of options of fresh, flavorful food every time you eat with us and based on your review, it sounds like we have accomplished our goal.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Went to D.C. for Labor Day weekend and stopped by Founding Farmers its own by a group of over 40,000 farmers. The food is like farm to table, locally grown, grass feed beef and free range chicken. They food is made fresh as you order it. I would definitely recommend. We stayed in Tyson Corner so we went to that one. Try the spicy chicken, mac, greens with Jefferson donut. I had the turkey and gravy.

Julie S, Guest Relations Manager at Founding Farmers- Tysons, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Hi there,

We look forward to having you back soon and I appreciate you sharing your kind words.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Took a colleague to lunch. Good thing we had a reservation - this place is huge and it was packed. There is adjacent parking garage, but likely you will be on the upper decks, so be prepared to walk or use the stairs to get to the restaurant given parking is shared by several businesses (Founding Farmers has some identified spaces, but these are minimal).

Now for the two most important elements - the food and the service. We were doing lunch, so you get a lunch/dinner menu. Appetizers were great- we split the hot crab and roasted corn spread. I think there was a half pound of fresh lump crab in that appetizer. Truly enough for 4 people, but we made most of it go away into very happy tummies.

I had the bacon cheeseburger... ok, I took half home. Delicious and actually cooked to perfection (medium rare). My colleague had the chicken and waffles/donut. She took over half of it home as well.

As to service, very knowledgeable about the various dishes. They were quite busy, so a little slow, but I didn't mind. We also happened to be sitting near an owner/manager/farmer, who was taste testing multiple new dishes with help from the chefs. Fascinating to watch.

Mind you, not inexpensive, but worth the money. Perhaps will visit for a special brunch!

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience- I’m so happy to read how much you enjoyed your recent meal at Founding Farmers in Tysons. Providing you with the total package- delicious food, excellent service and comfortable atmosphere- is exactly what we strive for. I’m delighted this matches your review!

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent service, and great food for a very reasonable price. You have a choice for vegetarian and vegan food if that is what you like. I am a meat eater and loved the beef, chicken, pork and fish dishes.

Hi There,

We look forward to seeing you again soon!