“Girls Gone Off The Grid Birthday Weekend”
other travellers have booked this property
Pondview
View of the pond and mountains Snow on the mountain top
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Pondview
View of the pond and mountains
Snow on the mountain top
The living room with leather club furniture and 42 inch flat screen SAT TV
Kitchen
one of two bedrooms each with two double beds
One of two full bathrooms
Hill Top
Night time
Fire pit on the porch
Sunset
Looking through the windows of Pondview
Looking across the pond
Mountain View
Tent is available for events
Hanging out by the fire
Snow at the Cabins
Summer at the Cabins
Rose River Farm Rainbow
Native Brookie
Blue Gill in the pond
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
solochick...
Northern VA
“Girls Gone Off The Grid Birthday Weekend”
Reviewed 23 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Myself and 3 of my girlfriends traveled here for a different kind of getaway and we all had a great time. As we were packing up to leave we all wished we had booked one more night. The cabin was great and the only issue is that one of the bathroom toilets did not appear to be cleaned upon our arrival. Quick fix, but still. We had the hilltop cabin and absolutely loved it. It was spacious enough that we were never on top of each other and it was very well equipped. Earl brought us wood for the fire pit each afternoon. What an awesome man he is. He even introduced us to another man when we told him we wished we could have some fresh fish. Dustin, another great guy, caught 3 trout for us on our last evening. It was more than enough for the four of us and there was some leftover for lunch the next day when we got home. Earl even cleaned the fish for us, eeuuu. LOL. We're not country girls! We have never taken this type of getaway but we believe we will make it an annual trip, but during the spring, summer or fall when it's a bit warmer. We never even turned on the tv until Sunday night when two of the ladies were going to have a panic attack if they missed The Walking Dead or some show to that effect. We ate all of our meals at the cabin with the exception of a birthday dinner about 10 miles away at The Inn at Madison. We went horseback riding and we took a 5 hour wine tour too. The cabin was a welcome break from the hustle of the DC metro area. Clean, crisp air and the starry night sky while sitting for hours at the firepit are what stands out the most for me. Thanks Mr. Dear for providing your cabin for us ladies. Earl is definitely a gem! Please tell him the girls said that!

Travelling group: Friends
Management Response
2 May 2015
So glad you had a fun time. Sorry about the toilet. From time to time we have issues with iron in the water and it can stain the bowl. Our cleaning crew took care of the issue.
Charles B
Falls Church, Virginia
“A family Christmas to remember”
Reviewed 25 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

Taking time out from a high-stress unaccompanied assignment overseas, I met up with my family and brought them to the cabin for a week-long Christmas getaway. We left with beautiful photos and memories of time spent together at the cabin. My wife and children (19, 16, 11) enjoyed themselves. Too, my time fishing was highly rewarding.

The cabin was well set up. We baked gingerbread and kolache, roasted marshmallows, and made smores. We played various table top games on the magazine table in front of the couch. The iPod docking station was perfect for filling the cabin with holiday music.

I was amazed and very pleased by the beauty of the river, and appreciated all the efforts Mr. Dear has taken to make it so fish friendly. My daughter and I walked along the side of the river; I pointed out the trout in their various spots and regaled her with my antics trying to tempt them.

An unforeseen bonus was the quality and taste of the water that came out of the tap; we all noticed how good it tasted. We went so far as to fill our travel water bottles for the trip home to continue enjoying it.

Staying at the cabin proved to be a great time for the entire family, and provided us with many wonderful memories of the Christmas of 2014. I look forward to our next visit.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The whole of the visit; ample space, hot water as needed, a gorgeous vista, proximity to the river.
Liked least: Sharing Internet connectivity among four persons was challenging; at first it worked fine for all of us to be on simultaneously, later we had to take turns.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Breezy_in...
Virginia, USA
“Nice family weekend”
Reviewed 15 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

I nearly do not want to share because I want to keep this fantastic spot a secret. Cabins were well appointed, clean and as expected. The kitchen had just enough pots, pans, etc for us to prepare meals and snacks. We had plenty of fresh towels, hot water and other basics waiting there for us. The vista was spectacular, worth getting up for the sunrise. The proximity to all of the activities we enjoy was the big win. Only minutes to some beautiful creeks and rivers, our oldest caught a brown trout. Madison is also just a short drive, nice for supplies and restaurants. My only caution is that cell phone service and therefore cell GPS is spotty. Be sure to not depend on your phone for directions in the area as you may not have a signal to get you where you need to go. We loved it and hope to return.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: quiet, and the location
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
842bevand...
Midlothian, Virginia
“Beauty and Peacefulness”
Reviewed 30 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014

Visited Rose River Cabins Sat., Nov. 29 and 30th. Stayed in Mountain View Cabin. Gorgeous setting, serene and quiet! Cabin nicely laid out...very comfortable attractive accommodations! Missed a dishwasher and garbage disposal...but I am staying in a cabin in the mountains... Would definitely come back!!! Absolutely beautiful setting! Graves Mtn Lodge close by for dining if you do not want to eat in, trails, hiking and of course fishing in the pond ...many activities to choose from!

Liked best: Beautiful surroundings
Liked least: no garbage disposal/dishwasher
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
Christian...
“Therapeutic Getaway”
Reviewed 16 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014

I've stayed at the yurt and fished the farm at least twice a year for the past 3 years. This place is my heaven. The yurts are beautiful and downright comfy and the scenery ain't too shabby either. I live and work in Washington DC. Rose River is only an hour and half away. Everytime I come for a visit it has always been a great stress reliever from the hustle and bustle of the city life. On a clear night the stars come out in full force. It's so beautiful. I don't get a cell signal while I'm there but that's a good thing (no work emails!). But have no fear, the yurt has wifi for a small fee. The staff I've encountered at the farm and yurt have always been friendly and helpful. If you have the opportunity to fish the farm do it! You're almost guaranteed to catch something. It's great for the fishing ego, especially for a beginner fly fisherman like myself. I'm already looking forward to my next visit.

Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$250
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing