“Good Burgers and Seafood ”

The Surry Seafood Company
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Surry
Price range: US$12 - US$34
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This place is pitcheresk set on the waterfront with great views across the wetlands. The food is very good and made to order. The service is very attentive and friendly but one minor issue, our server had a tendency to reach across the table.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

This was my second time at this restaurant and never got to eat any food. The first time under previous management, I was treated rudely at the front desk and I left. Now under new management, I was seated promptly in an almost empty restaurant. Table was very wobbly and was “fixed” by someone who came by and put pieces under one leg. I was told by her that my server would be there in a moment. She moved the stacked bread dishes on the table only to find out the one on the bottom was used from the previous diners. She removed only that one. When I moved the other one, my hand was smeared with whatever was in the dirty dish that was stacked below it. I waited before going to wash my hand since I thought the server would be coming to at least take my drink order. After waiting for several minutes without any service and seeing several employees huddled around the bar, I got up and washed my hands and walked out.

1  Thank Jwfcort757
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

One had flounder, one paddock, one shrimp, one crab cakes. All were delicious, large portions. Best fries I've eaten, seasoned, crisp. Others had sweet potato fries and same conclusion. Service was friendly, fast, courteous, professional. Nice ferry ridr across James River to get to restaurant, 2 minutes from ferry. Can be reached by car from another direction. Scenic water view out all windows.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

We went not knowing much about the restaurant. The food was excellent. Restaurant sits on Grey's Creek. Nice views. Outside patio very nice. Restaurant undergoing renovation.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

First let me say the food here is definitely a 5! Atmosphere will be there also when the crane packs up and leaves, our visit was on a Sunday around 1pm. Lots of empty tables but the hostess told us we had a 10 to 15 minute wait, then returned to her cell phone without further explanation. We were seated in 15 at a wobbly table in small dining section with to many tables in it. So small the wait staff had to lift chairs and high chairs over their heads to accommodate a large party behind us. Two couples relocated while we there due to wobbly tables. We weren’t offered outside dining although tables were available. Only additional request we had of our server was another beer and some cocktail sauce, at least we got the beer!

1  Thank flamingobeauty

Been to The Surry Seafood Company? Share your experiences!