“Much better products than others have reported!!”
Review of Fish in a Barrel

Fish in a Barrel
Ranked #21 of 32 Restaurants in Stephens City
Reviewed 13 July 2016

Everything I have gotten from here has been outstanding. Mostly Scallops and occasional fish. I lived on the coast for most of my life, this place is fine.

Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

I went in to get fresh seafood because that's what they advertise and everything is frozen that comes to them the prices are outrageous not very clean not a friendly staff and wasn't really anything there I could get better seafood at Martins are Costco I was not very happy I was trying to support a local business but this business does not meet any expectations of being a seafood place

2  Thank Debra P
Reviewed 28 October 2015 via mobile

I went here it was new thought that I could get fresh seafood and everything's frozen they don't even have stuff that you would want to look for that I'm going to pay the extra price for that I could go to Martins and get their food was not that good the soup really sucked I can make better clam chowder at home better quality and that's a shame the prices are too expensive for the product that you are getting I would pay that price for fresh not for frozen

1  Thank Debra P
Reviewed 15 September 2015

I went to Fish in a Barrel for lunch several months ago and had what I thought was a cup of seafood soup. The lady who helped me heated the soup and it was served in a small bowl which was about half full. There were a couple of pieces of seafood (fish, shrimp) in the bowl along with the broth. Both were very tasty and I thought the quality of the food was good. However, when I went to pay my bill I was charged for a bowl of soup which with tax was over $9.00! When I questioned the charge, she told me I received a bowl (and not a cup) of soup. The amount of food received for the price paid was outrageous and I have not been back since. Although I can afford to pay prices like this, I refuse to do so out of principal. I am curious to see if Fish in a Barrel can make it in Stephen's City with the prices they are charging. I wish them luck.

3  Thank Fred861
Reviewed 14 June 2015 via mobile

Tried out the local business today. I am a huge fan of fresh seafood and was excited that we may have a good source of seafood in the valley. I asked if the soft crabs for the sandwich were still alive or were frozen. (Any good seafood place understands there is a difference) The lady scoffed and said "we don't carry anything alive"The cases had very few items. All were previously frozen. They advertised "live oysters". There was a bucket of oysters sitting on ice but they were all popped open slightly and clearly dead. Normal shops immediately throw them out because of the risk of sickness. Obviously she wasn't kidding about not having live seafood. I ordered the shrimp po boy figuring that the shrimp were frozen and would not make me sick. It came with slaw (appeared old and very soggy) there was nothing on the sandwich but the shrimp. No lettuce tomato or sauces. Just shrimp on a bun. My friend got the scallop plate. He was given slaw to eat first then his sad looking five scallops came out on a plate. Nothing else. Clearly no passion went into the meal or presentation. They appeared raw in the middle and crispy on the edges. My other friend had the crab cake. It was a crumbly joke. On the way out I noticed the tubs of crab meat all had bright white meat. After looking closer it was labeled as an imported product from over seas. $15 for shrimp on a bun a can of soda and soggy slaw. Save your money and get the fish sandwich at McDonald's it will be a better meal and is probably more fresh.

2  Thank Sunsaltsand