“Strike Three, and you're out! It's NOT a Restaurant, it's a "Fish Market", yeah, right.”
Review of Fish in a Barrel

Fish in a Barrel
Ranked #21 of 32 Restaurants in Stephens City
Reviewed 16 April 2015

I have now tried to support a local business THREE times since they opened, and I keep getting the same old story. When I entered and looked at the "fresh" case, I was greeted by rather sketchy looking remnants of what was likely leftover from last week (this was Wednesday afternoon), and only about a meager 20 percent of the case displaying anything. The very confused elderly woman working there repeated what I had heard all three visits before over a period of a year.."My inventory is low,I have lot's in the freezer". Well, as I never buy frozen fish at a real fish market, I let her know that, and she only stated, again, what she repeated twice before: "We get it fresh, and we freeze it"...looking at their non commercial grade freezer, I am highly skeptical of the quality of anything frozen there, and as I never buy frozen fish (Even Wegmans Fish Department employees suggest never buying frozen white fish), I highly doubt the quality of anything sold there. The prices easily justify a drive to Wegmans in Leesburg, and that's exactly what I will do in the future!

Reviewed 8 April 2015

I only tried the lobster bisque, but it was delicious, though a little pricey (around $9). The woman working was nice.

1  Thank Josh H
Reviewed 8 January 2015

My mom and brother live near Fish in a Barrel, and they've been raving about the quality of the fish for a while now. My brother, who is a huge sushi fan and a fish connoisseur, claims the salmon is the best he's ever had. So, while my sister and I were visiting for the holidays we insisted on trying it. We brought the salmon home and prepared it as the star of our Christmas Eve feast. I'm happy to report it was excellent! It was actually the best salmon I've had in years. My sister agreed, and she lives in San Francisco with access to the best of all things culinary. I will definitely go back to Fish in a Barrel anytime I'm in the area! It's a real gem.

2  Thank TMcRussell
Reviewed 8 October 2014

Super fresh seafood! The place was clean and the prepared foods were delicious! I highly recommend this little gem!!

3  Thank lily05031
Reviewed 27 September 2014 via mobile

Great find...freshest seafood i have found in a while..great lunches and carryout has become a weekly thing

3  Thank Mike K