“Expensive”

Umi Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #8 of 148 Restaurants in Stafford
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Good food but not at the price point. Stopped in for lunch, almost an empty restaurant. Mostly sushi bar, but at least I tried it

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere! I had the red snapper which was 2 good size pieces of fish. Spouse had the shrimp tempura. We also ordered a sushi roll with crab and avocado. Needless to say we had leftovers for lunch the next day!

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

I ordered the tempura dinner and my husband had a bowl of udon noodles. Both portions were so large we could not finish them. Food was served hot and fresh. Service was friendly but on the slow side.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

I've been here a couple of times and I always come away thinking it was OK, but disappointing. The sushi is fresh but the presentation seems somehow lacking. The service is good but not particularly warm or friendly. The ambience is alright but not especially notable. Overall, it's a perfectly adequate place for Japanese cuisine. But if I compare to some places in and around the District (for example), it doesn't hold a candle to those.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

went there on a Friday night (5pm). no line for seating. waiter was at our table in a minute. had our drinks in minutes. menu is large. appetizers were out quickly. dinner (bento box - recommended) was excellent. very good experience with friends.