“Needs a total makeover”

The Blue Pearl
Ranked #170 of 211 Restaurants in Springfield
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Reviewed 2 April 2018

My wife and I were among many guests invited to a reception after a child baptism. The place was jam packed as it was Sunday afternoon. I noticed that the tables in the reserved area are only partially cleaned as we are about to seat. The floor appears to be sticky although it was cleaned by a floor mop. Here comes the fun part, the buffet are all over the place and to navigate around with throngs of people around is a mess of great proportion. The array of food is many from salads, appetizers, main entrees and desserts. The quality is another question. Many of the fried stuff like beef and squid are over cooked making it hard and rubbery in texture. There has been some instances that the trays are empty of food for some reason. If it were for my wife and me, we could have forego to visit this buffet restaurant. I won't waste my time.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

This is not a fine dining restaurant.There is good selection of soup,salads,sushi,seafood,and noodles.I love their fish and shrimp dishes.I particularly like their crabmeat in shell dishes.This is a good place to take large family ,since there is assortment of dishes to choose from.This place don't charge for soft drinks.Service is good and the waitresses are quite friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Pretty dreadful place and worse food. Some might think good value for your money, but it really is not at all. Really low-end food and experience.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We went there to eat. We went at the beginning of the dinner hour. Four items on my plate, three were too cold to eat( chicken, green beans, mushrooms) fried rice was absolutely tasteless. Went to the grill section, had to wait five minutes for a grill person. He cooked it, virtually tasteless. The buffet was stocked with crabs all cooked strange ways. Just better to go elsewhere than to pick through this. Unfettered looking for something decent to eat.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

One of the cheaper buffets around, we were quite well pleased by the quality and selection. Found some dishes here that i have not seen before. Some kind of BBQed herrings (?). Really tasty. Reminded me of Blind Robbins without all the salt. The Kimchi was hot. Really a good selection of sushi.
Did not try the made to order grill bar, but a lot of people were getting their food freshly made there.
We will definitely stop there again.