“I don't like my local mexican restaurants in NC so I was pleasantly surprised at the great quality food at El Rio!”

El Rio Mexican Grill
Ranked #5 of 47 Restaurants in Rocky Mount
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed 21 April 2017

Very clean, friendly staff, great service, great quality food! Loved it! Our waiter was very prompt, friendly, and courteous. The chicken wings were some of the best I've ever tasted! My boyfriend's mixed fajita was amazing! I would definitely recommend!

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

There is nothing worth noting at this restaurant. Salsa had no flavor and food was edible but nothing worth returning for.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 7 March 2017

The food is hit or miss, but we have had several large groups to meet here and they are always understaffed. Seems like our prices always change when you pay also. The last time, they gave my meal to another person in our party as the wrong plate after they eat some and then it sat and got cold, it was realized and gave to me. They never replaced it, and when I told them at the counter they would not even discount it?? Just not worth the argument sometimes

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a nice lunch after a spa day.
The wine was good, a large glass was poured almost to the top. The food was good and served warm.
We arrived just as the lunch time slot ended but we're allowed to still order from the lunch menu.
The servers were nice but a little slow, we just flagged them down.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 17 January 2017

Experienced a birthday party in the downstairs room. The service was excellent an the food great! Our waiter was on top of everything for the whole group. He kept all the orders straight and was friendly the entire time!
Service, food and value were excellent. I write that here as it will not allow me to mark excellent in the box below!

Date of visit: January 2017